256 Win Mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander101

Reaction score
I just got 53 rounds of 256 Winchester Magnum from an auction for about $9. The only price I found for them online was out of stock at $4.20 per round. I looked a little bit into its history but has anybody heard of it before? I can’t figure out how to put a picture of it up.

It’s a necked down .357 magnum. I have no idea what the intended use was but I know a guy that has a rifle chambered in it and I have a gun that my uncle had which is also chambered in it. I had a bunch of ammo but I pulled the bullets and sold the brass.

I counted 35 of the round nose hollow point super-x at the top of the picture,17 of the pointed hollow points, and one other that was marked w-w super I think.

Attachments

• IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I have a Contender carbine barrel in .256 Win mag. It is a great round that failed miserably in a handgun, but does well in a short rifle. I use mine for called in coyotes, and it drops them like a stone. I make my own brass as factory stuff is way too expensive. Finding .25 caliber bullets under 95 grains is currently near impossible. I shoot the Hornady 75 grain HP when I can find them. My contender will put 3 of them into a cloverleaf at 100 yards all day long.

Latest posts

Back