.32 Traditions Deerhunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got a .32 Deerhunter w/wood stock that Im considering having rebored to .36 cal., anyone had this done to their .32 and whos the best/cheapest guy to have it done by..?

dbowling said:
Ive got a .32 Deerhunter w/wood stock that Im considering having rebored to .36 cal., anyone had this done to their .32 and whos the best/cheapest guy to have it done by..?

Are you sure you want to do this? You really will not gain much, and a .32 Cal is excellent all around small game gun.

I wish I had a .32 for small game. . ..

If you plan to hunt small game you will find the 36 pretty hard on the meat you plan to eat.

I had a .36 cal. H/A underhammer for 2-3 yrs and kiled alot of squirrels and a few groundhogs with it.. as long as the squirrels were hit in the head or neck from front to back damage was nil, but if you hit them through the shoulder then you lost pretty much the whole front end...only reason Im wanting to switch is the available buckshot in bulk at cheaper prices for the .36.

rat trapper said:
If you plan to hunt small game you will find the 36 pretty hard on the meat you plan to eat.

I think before I would change calibers I would get a mold and just cast a couple hundred ball some afternoon. But to each their own.

I always thought that .32 was about the perfect small game rifle. Then a person I know from Rendezvous got a .40 caliber GMB and that is an amazing roundball shooter. He can also hunt deer legally in Wis with it. He actually hunts coyote with it. And says it does not wreck the hides. He's into furs.

dbowling said:

The Best guy to have ML's Rebored is

Robert Hoyt, 717-642-6696 at Freischutz Gun Shop 700 Fairfield Station Rd. Fairfield, PA 17320

I would not have anyone else in the industry touch my barrels.

Thanks thats the info I was looking for..Not sure yet if Im going to have it done or not, going to wait for warmer weather so I can shoot the .32 some more.

Edwardamason said:
dbowling said:

The Best guy to have ML's Rebored is

Robert Hoyt, 717-642-6696 at Freischutz Gun Shop 700 Fairfield Station Rd. Fairfield, PA 17320

I would not have anyone else in the industry touch my barrels.

Latest posts

Back