45 1/20 super disc and Lehigh 200grn XP!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Sent this gun to Sabotloader to see if he could clean the barrel up some. Well he did a great job with it and it's still just as accurate as ever. I havent shot this ML since he sent it back to me. This is the same gun I shot a Deer in Ohio with at 405 yards with a prototype 230grn Bloodline that really never came about.

So today I wanted to shoot the Lehigh 200grn XP bullet. Those that have seen Ronlaughlin's bullet testing this bullet does some damage. It even chews up the paper targets, no clean holes with these bullets. The down side is, these aren't legal in many states. Probably going to try them out in Ohio next weekend in ML season.

The breech plug on this gun was shimmed by Sabotloader. As much as I don't believe in 100% clean, he made this ML 100% clean. :yeah: I took some pics of the spent primers from my phone.

I shot this 100yard 3 shot group. The bullet on the left was my fouling shot. The fouling shot never used to be that good. This could be because of the barrel treatment???

So I decided to see if I could screw the target up with a 5 shot group at 100 yards.

Here's a pic of the 200grn Lehigh XP bullets. They are definitely a different looking bullet, but seem very effective. The claim is to replace mushrooming bullets.

Hey man! it aint the rifle, the bullet or the shooter - It is the scope!!! Those Redfield Revenges are awesome!

This is the rifle you have in the classified? yes?

Let us know how those bullets work on deer if you get one next weekend. I have some to test.

sabotloader said:
Hey man! it aint the rifle, the bullet or the shooter - It is the scope!!! Those Redfield Revenges are awesome!

It was for sale Mike!! It's way to good of a gun to sale for $300.00 bucks. I won't even post the 200 yard groups I shot. :wink: btw, it cleaned up really good!!

jsteurrys said:
Let us know how those bullets work on deer if you get one next weekend. I have some to test.

I'm going to use my NULA for sure. Probably gonna let my buddy use the super disc and the 200grn XP. I'll let you know how it does if he shoots something with it.

Grouse said:
sabotloader said:

It was for sale Mike!! It's way to good of a gun to sale for $300.00 bucks. I won't even post the 200 yard groups I shot. :wink: btw, it cleaned up really good!!

No way I would of sold it for that. If I didn't have one in stainless I would of jumped on it for that price before you came back to your senses. Lol.

Great shooting Tom!

How much "cleaning up" did it need? Did Sabotloader coat the bore with Dura Coat?

ShawnT said:
Great shooting Tom!

How much "cleaning up" did it need? Did Sabotloader coat the bore with Dura Coat?

Thanks!!!

No, I had the outside of the gun done in Duracoat to protect it.

Sabotloader treated my bore with Dynatek bore conditioner I'm pretty sure.

Grouse said:
ShawnT said:
Great shooting Tom!

Thanks!!!

I need to send my .45 MK-85 to Sabotloader to have him give my bore the same treatment as yours got. I really need to get this gun finished up.

Grouse said:
ShawnT said:
Great shooting Tom!

Thanks!!!

Opps! I meant the DynaTek. :oops:

Do you think the bore cleaned up better or quicker since being treated with DynaTek?

ShawnT said:
Grouse said:
ShawnT said:
Great shooting Tom!

Thanks!!!

Opps! I meant the DynaTek. :oops:

Do you think the bore cleaned up better or quicker since being treated with DynaTek?

Both in this gun. But this barrel is not a good one to rate the quality of the product.

How bad was your bore?

It is amazing how well some of these Knights will shoot, even with a rough bore. I have a 25 year old mk-85. It has a somewhat rough bore, but continues to shoot well.

Good shooting!

4gun-drill said:
How bad was your bore?

It is amazing how well some of these Knights will shoot, even with a rough bore. I have a 25 year old mk-85. It has a somewhat rough bore, but continues to shoot well.

Good shooting!

The bore is pitted and really wasn't taken care of before. Looks like the previous owner only shot Pyrodex. I've always complained about the bore in this gun. I've watched this bore start to rust out hunting. I'm hoping the new treatment will stop that. Most people don't realize all the pitting and just a terrible looking bore doesn't matter shooting sabots. The rifling is still very good, and I bet it would shoot conicals good to. This barrel will last a lifetime and more. This is a blued gun, that's why I had the outside Duracoated. It was my primary hunting gun until this year. I think it's going to be my primary 45 ML again in the near future.

chaded said:
Grouse said:
sabotloader said:

No way I would of sold it for that. If I didn't have one in stainless I would of jumped on it for that price before you came back to your senses. Lol.

I got what to many ML'S and more on the way. But selling this cheap would of been really stupid. I'm also trying to clean up some and get rid of stuff I won't use. But I'm gonna use this 45 again lol

Grouse said:
Both in this gun. But this barrel is not a good one to rate the quality of the product.

Actually that rough bore is why I asked.

I have one MK-95 that was bought as a parts gun but like other pitted Knights it shoots just as good as my others. It is not pitted bad but has a small ring of pits just in the rifling in front of the breech plug. I had asked Sabotloader about his MK too. I just had some Breech plugs made for the MK-95 and was considering treating the Primer side with it see if it will make them clean up easier when shooting BlackHorn.

ShawnT said:
Grouse said:

Actually that rough bore is why I asked.

I have one MK-95 that was bought as a parts gun but like other pitted Knights it shoots just as good as my others. It is not pitted bad but has a small ring of pits just in the rifling in front of the breech plug. I had asked Sabotloader about his MK too. I just had some Breech plugs made for the MK-95 and was considering treating the Primer side with it see if it will make them clean up easier when shooting BlackHorn.

Not sure how that will work. The 17/4 Lehigh plugs clean up really easy. What did you have your plugs made out of?

Back