45 1/20 super disc and Lehigh 200grn XP!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought once the bore was rough it was toast? I loaned my LK93 out and it was a mess when it was returned. How rough can they be and still shoot sabots ok?

Grouse said:
ShawnT said:
Grouse said:
Both in this gun. But this barrel is not a good one to rate the quality of the product.

Actually that rough bore is why I asked.

I have one MK-95 that was bought as a parts gun but like other pitted Knights it shoots just as good as my others. It is not pitted bad but has a small ring of pits just in the rifling in front of the breech plug. I had asked Sabotloader about his MK too. I just had some Breech plugs made for the MK-95 and was considering treating the Primer side with it see if it will make them clean up easier when shooting BlackHorn.

Not sure how that will work. The 17/4 Lehigh plugs clean up really easy. What did you have your plugs made out of?

My cousin is a machinist with his own shop. He made them out of 416 Stainless, same as Knight originally made them, those his are a little more polished. The MK-95 has a Large "Flash Channel" that has a taper in the bottom. They are made to take a Speer Plastic 38spl case with a Large Rifle primer. If you shoot BH in the rifle you can get a wicked hard build up on that taper in the bottom of that Flash channel. I was thinking that maybe the DynaTek would help with cleaning that area.

alphaburnt said:
I thought once the bore was rough it was toast? I loaned my LK93 out and it was a mess when it was returned. How rough can they be and still shoot sabots ok?

I honestly can't believe they can be any worse then the bore on this gun on this thread. It still shoots amazing.

Back