.50 Cal. Underhammer Build In Progress.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that turned out great, you really did a great job. My first thought on the finished product was that you turned out a really great rifle and topped it off with a $20 scope. A rifle that good looking, that you built by hand, DESERVES a scope worthy of it.

Frekkin amazing. . ..
I WANT it!!

One beautiful gun. . .I am totally jealous. . .

Since you are up to comments. . .

There is only one thing that I see that completely ruined that gun. . . .

It's left-handed. . .and I am right handed. . . :wink: :D

Beautiful gun, I keep looking at it. It dawned on me, the receiver looks like a Browning B-78 single shot and the forearm looks like the forearm from a Browning 22 Auto, both guns I like the lines on.

Again, great job!

Dwayne said:

There is only one thing that I see that completely ruined that gun. . . .

It's left-handed. . .and I am right handed. . .
x2

lol! Looks good. It's good you have time to take on such a task and building projects when you could be out picking up sheds or checking cameras. But if you really wanted to do it "the hard way" you'd lose the scope entirely. :wink:

very handsome, well done, and ROBUST.... underhammer

Most underhammers I've seen have been .... well sorta effeminate in some ways... you know... but this... yup.. a mans gun all the way... :D

Aloha... 8)

Finally got around to firing this rifle. With hunting season fast approaching I thought that I'd get out there and see what she can do.
When viewing the following photos please keep in mind that I am by no means a marksman.
This was the last group of the day. I had her shooting even better at the beginning of my session but then my POI began to climb. At first she was shooting cloverleaf three shot groups at 50 yards but then something changed. Don't know what it was but she settled down and printed this group with 90 gr. of Pyrodex behind a 295 gr Powerbelt hollow point at 50 yards. Plenty of accuracy for New England whitetail hunting,
I'd imagine that she'd do allot better if I were to take the time to really work up a load and experiment with different bullets. All in all, I'm quite pleased with the results already.

The tear that you see about 5" high was caused by bullet fragments which blew back through my backboard after striking the steel I-beam that it was leaning against.

Latest posts

Back