Omega Build - McGowen .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that that Kreiger that someone gave you to help test some bullets?…
It was a Krieger barrel. What else matters. Those bullets wouldn't shoot worth a crap at long range from two custom barrels.
But if you're only a 50yd shooter, they will probably be accurate with a slingshot.

It was a Krieger barrel. What else matters. Those bullets wouldn't shoot worth a crap at long range from two custom barrels.
But if you're only a 50yd shooter, they will probably be accurate with a slingshot.
Well, I’m not sure what you were doing wrong. Keep at it, maybe you’ll get those bullets figured out.

Well, I’m not sure what you were doing wrong. Keep at it, maybe you’ll get those bullets figured out.
Wrong? That is about as dumb a statement as you've provided yet.
I'm not the one bragging about shooting groups 50yds, which is evidently where you get things "figured out". You might as well be using a slingshot.

Fifty yards gives me an idea of which loads to throw out and which to continue testing. Three shot groups don’t tell you how good a load may shoot but they may tell you how poorly.
That's about as good an answer as you telling people you use a scope for load development, and when questioned about it, it then becomes an all weapons thing of some kind.

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

The 270 pinpoint is an interesting bullet the northern precision I know that you've noticed it has a little driving band at the base when I first looked at the bullet and saw the sidewall contact at the I thought it was not going to shoot every barrel that I have been able to size the bullet with enough tension to shoot it has been phenomenal the reason I say that is I had a couple of button rifle barrels that the diameter of the bore would not allow me to size the board wasn't tight enough and that bullet if you measure it is more around 451 something rather than 452 and another thing I would mention I know when they did the bullet test it didn't perform real well it wasn't bonded the bullet that they tested he can bond that one and he has an untipped version of it that's just close to it looks more like the fury 401 240 OT I highly recommend that version if that short tip scares you away try the bonded open tip version of that bullet

That driving band at the base is very interesting to me in my mind I just thought it had to have a full section of sidewalk contact to really obturate efficiently there are some other very accurate bullets such as those shot in a 30 BR custom bullets in bench rest that are built the same they only have a small driving ban at the base and then the ogive starts

Latest posts

Back