700ml sml conversion with factory contour

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifton1011

Reaction score
Just looking to see if anyone has any recommended loads for a 700ml that's been converted to 45 sml with a .458 barrel and factory 700ml contour. I know I'll have to stay on the lighter side, just looking for any info. Thanks

Just looking to see if anyone has any recommended loads for a 700ml that's been converted to 45 sml with a .458 barrel and factory 700ml contour. I know I'll have to stay on the lighter side, just looking for any info. Thanks
More details, please. Fullform, bore rider, sabots? 209s, DI, etc?

More details, please. Fullform, bore rider, sabots? 209s,
Has 209 bolt nose kit and arrowhead 209 plug with .030 bushing. Barrel is fluted. I have federal 209a and cheddite 209 primers. I ordered some 200 gr sst's and some harvester smooth blues. Will probably be trying n120 since it's easily found and I do have a lb of it. I Have not shot it yet just received it back from Mcgowen. Not sure what it can handle with having a factory contour

Has 209 bolt nose kit and arrowhead 209 plug with .030 bushing. Barrel is fluted. I have federal 209a and cheddite 209 primers. I ordered some 200 gr sst's and some harvester smooth blues. Will probably be trying n120 since it's easily found and I do have a lb of it. I Have not shot it yet just received it back from Mcgowen. Not sure what it can handle with having a factory contour
https://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/thread/14868/tginpa-pressure-trace-loads-hyperlinked

Look at the Lee Reloading Manual for loads designed for the 45-70 Trapdoor and Rolling Block rifles. These loads have a maximum pressure of less than 30,000 psi. I used this load data for my "NitroBreech" muzzleloader idea. Notice the Lee Manual on the table during this video.

Back