My new 700ml Smokeless conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up my 700ml conversion from Michael Garnett today and I couldn't be happier. 45 cal Brux 18 twist #6 contour with Aroowhead plug and lrmp modules and bolt nose, Trigger Tech trigger and Boyd's stock I picked up from ninering62. Mike did the whole build including trueing the action and opening up the barrel channel and bedding the stock and cerakote work. Just have to pick up a scope base and mount the scope. Turnaround was unbelievable! Can't wait to send a few downrange. received_645505676912446.jpegreceived_1219298428719764.jpegreceived_624263396390249.jpegreceived_966181131086790.jpegreceived_1236364053657157.jpegreceived_281573214222202.jpegreceived_3407668999486259.jpegreceived_243251361627944.jpegreceived_804862657404219.jpegreceived_633974605446478.jpeg

Picked up my 700ml conversion from Michael Garnett today and I couldn't be happier. 45 cal Brux 18 twist #6 contour with Aroowhead plug and lrmp modules and bolt nose, Trigger Tech trigger and Boyd's stock I picked up from ninering62. Mike did the whole build including trueing the action and opening up the barrel channel and bedding the stock and cerakote work. Just have to pick up a scope base and mount the scope. Turnaround was unbelievable! Can't wait to send a few downrange. View attachment 34872View attachment 34873View attachment 34874View attachment 34875View attachment 34876View attachment 34877View attachment 34878View attachment 34879View attachment 34880View attachment 34881
WOW! Congrats on gettin that built. It looks beautiful. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. Plz do post target pics.

I really like your stock I like an open traditional grip I do not like a vertical grip on a hunting gun or a target rifle I like to pull the rifle into my body and the open grip helps me do that,, very good looking rifleI..
I totally agree,, my goal was to build a hunting rifle not a bench gun. I'm very happy how it turned out. On the bathroom scale comes in at 8.6 lbs without optic.

Aroowhead plug and lrmp modules and bolt nose,

I have a suggestion for you, since I have built several of these rifles in my shop.

Do not dryfire the rifle without a primer module in the bolt head. It has a tendency to loosen the bolt head and push it forward.
Guess how I know this fact? I found out the hard way.
I have started tacking the bolt head to the bolt body with a TIG welder because of this problem.

Nice rifle. It will be a deer hammer.

With the right load, you should be able to shoot a 275 grain bullet over 3,000 fps.

I really like your stock I like an open traditional grip I do not like a vertical grip on a hunting gun or a target rifle I like to pull the rifle into my body and the open grip helps me do that,, very good looking rifleI..
Thats the Boyds Prarie Hunter. Its like the classic, but the cheek comb is higher. Its too high for the use of factory open sights, its a perfect height for using med-high rings with a 50mm scope though. He has good taste & style, the gun is really sharp lookin & its 8.5lbs too. Thats awesome!

Thats the Boyds Prarie Hunter. Its like the classic, but the cheek comb is higher. Its too high for the use of factory open sights, its a perfect height for using med-high rings with a 50mm scope though. He has good taste & style, the gun is really sharp lookin & its 8.5lbs too. Thats awesome!
Thanks! You hit the nail on the head, I'm putting a 50mm scope with medium rings on it. Absolutely love the classic lines of the stock. Just ordered a DNZ one piece base, hoping it does the job.

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head, I'm putting a 50mm scope with medium rings on it. Absolutely love the classic lines of the stock. Just ordered a DNZ one piece base, hoping it does the job.
TY, I'm happy that you love the stock, I do too. I'm a huge DNZ ring/mount fan.
I put the DNZ Game Reaper 1pc med 30mm on my Paramount ( the exact same mount you want ). It looks & works awesome.
I wish I had known you needed them. I have a set of 2 pc Game Reapers MED/30mm that mount right to a 700SA. NO rail needed. I could have hooked you up with a lil discount on them, even though they are brand new. I love that clean look. I love how the DNZ rings almost disappear on the scope too. Super well-designed. I use DNZ on everything I own. I'll find something to put them on...... maybe an excuse to do a 700ML SML build, just so I have a use for those rings huh. Makes perfect sense to me.

I agree they are really clean looking, picked up the 30mm one piece for it. You sound like me lolol, I've got an extra plug and modules because I bought the wrong ones for the 700ml so know I guess I have to build the 700 UML I just picked up just to use the plug 🤣

Scope is mounted, hopefully find some time this week to see how she shoots.
View attachment 34995
Shaaaweeet buuudy great job. I hope you d get some time to take it for a test drive. I spent 4hrs at my range with my Accura dialing in new scope & bullets with new charges. I got some pretty awesome results. I'm lookin forward to your target pics with the 700

Latest posts

Back