8208 @ 600

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 10 pound gun can shoot a 1000 yards it don't have to weigh 25 pounds.
thats a ridiculous statement.

NO DOUBT!! One of the More Ridiculous Statements i have seen on here in a Long time. DUNAMIS “Smokeless“ would be a LOT more Capable at 1,000 than my little teeny .308 Winchester, and i just Did 1,100 Yards with it this Spring, 3 Shots in 4 inches to be exact.

MRPVDAK.gif

None of you have shot @ 1000 yards.

Sorry folks I'm not in your little social club.

Idaho how many shots did you fire to get 3 in 4 inches. That's what I thought Let's get real here No BS
none of you have shot at 1000 yards. You know that do you. You must think you are God cause last I heard he is the only omniscient one. And to make that statement you would have to be omniscient

glad you are not in the little social club. Dont be sorry. Its to our benefit you arent

then questioning Idalo Lewis's statement as if he is lying.
NOw that shows what kind of character you really are.

I have shot more .308 than you will in your lifetime. If you would like to know more I have no problem going into detail.
Now that is definitely BS. You might think you are something but in reality you already showed what you really are.
Go back under your rock ... shooo little man. Shooo :)

You guys don't get it . I understand where your coming from. None of you have shot @ 1000 yards.
Mr. Encore is in for a rude awakening on his learning curve.
I do hope him the best . You all will find it interesting as well as me.
I have a 22 center fire that will shoot 1/4 minute at 500 yrds and put any ML to shame on a good day @ 1000yrds with no wind.
I do know, some what I'm talking about. My little 22 will put 5 shots in the 5 ring @ 1000 Prone position on a good day.
To get out 1000yards with any accuracy with a 300 + grain bullet is going to take a very heavy load of SML powder. That none of you can comprehend . With a light gun 12lbs or less the old man is going to take punishment he knows nothing about
All of you on this thread are going to learn something. A large gong at 1000 doesn't prove anything . Let's put it on paper. 5 shot's
Idaho how many shots did you fire to get 3 in 4 inches. That's what I thought Let's get real here No BS

Mr wmdbowman............

I have....... yet...... to shoot 1,000yds. But believe me, others on this site have. So the word "none" that you like to use is wrong.

Rather I'm in for a rude awakening on my learning curve or not, is one thing that you shouldn't be concerned about but, thanks for wishing me the best. I do appreciate that.

What on earth makes you think that I have no comprehension about shooting heavy loads of SML propellant? What in the world makes you believe I'm going to take punishment I know nothing about?

I've been shooting EXTREMELY heavy recoiling rifles for 6yrs now, so you're not telling me anything about recoil that I do not know. For 5yrs I shot a muzzleloader that's recoil would be considered no less than VIOLENT. There's a couple guys on this site that can verify that statement.

It seems that you like to suggest your exceptional knowledge, but quite frankly, I and it appears others, are calling some of it BS too. Its also ok that you're not in our social club.

Personally, you have no clue what rifle I have, or how well its built, nor what its built for.
What you can do with a CF rifle has nothing to do with muzzleloaders, nor muzzleloader shooting.
However, if you'd like to prove your expertise with muzzleloaders, you should make a trip to shoot at Friendship.

Last......... challenging Lewis is a bad mistake. No BS.

Sorry about your Thread getting hacked up here ENCORE, I won’t partake in it anymore beyond this

DUNAMIS is EASILY capable of 1,000 Yards, and Well Beyond. I look forward to you taking it their :lewis: it was Built by one of the Very best in the Business

Sorry about your Thread getting hacked up here ENCORE, I won’t partake in it anymore beyond this

DUNAMIS is EASILY capable of 1,000 Yards, and Well Beyond. I look forward to you taking it their :lewis: it was Built by one of the Very best in the Business

It isn't the first time, probably not the last either. :)
Heck, I thought things were going well :lewis:

Now that is definitely BS. You might think you are something but in reality you already showed what you really are.
Go back under your rock ... shooo little man. Shooo :)
Well here, I guess I hit a little sensitive spot in the social club. I see a few of the people here appear to have some experience at distance.
That's a good thing .
Others just seem to be mouthing off to defend their buddies. And that's OK
If one is going to dish it out one has to be able to take it.
It's going to be quite a chore to shoot a muzzle loader @ 1000 Yds. More of an undertaking than I want to struggle with.
600yrd. is one thing. The next 400 yds to 1000yrds is a hole different ball game. And a lot of work . He will be lucky if there is a bench to shoot from.
Most long distance shooting is done from the prone position not a bench. Don't think Encoer has any experience or maybe he does. Laying down behind a light heavy recoiling rifle is one thing and in my opinion worse than a bench.
I have shot The 22-243 Middlestead, the 280 Ackley , the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 50 cal. Brn. all @ 1000yds on a military range. Non from a bench at a standard 10 ring bull. The fun goes away when the shooting get's serious. It's down to business.
A 12 lb gun is one thing and can be a handy cap versus a 20 lb. gun as far as a muzzle loading gun. And the same power to weight ratio applys to the more powerful center fires.
Bestill sheds some light on what I'm talking about. The more weight the better.

I think you may have missed the part, where he mentioned that "many" are doing 1,000yds with both 45 and 40cal rifles?
There's an awful lot of muzzleloader experience on this site, including long range shooters. The CF stuff belongs in the Modern Firearms section.
I don't think anyone, including myself, intends to walk on a 1,000yd range and start shooting bug holes. Yes there's a learning curve, but you could certainly lighten up with your negativity.
Maybe they'd let me use that rickety portable bench you disliked so much?
Don't worry about recoil, I'll handle it.

You guys don't get it . I understand where your coming from. None of you have shot @ 1000 yards.
Mr. Encore is in for a rude awakening on his learning curve.
I do hope him the best . You all will find it interesting as well as me.
I have a 22 center fire that will shoot 1/4 minute at 500 yrds and put any ML to shame on a good day @ 1000yrds with no wind.
I do know, some what I'm talking about. My little 22 will put 5 shots in the 5 ring @ 1000 Prone position on a good day.
To get out 1000yards with any accuracy with a 300 + grain bullet is going to take a very heavy load of SML powder. That none of you can comprehend . With a light gun 12lbs or less the old man is going to take punishment he knows nothing about
All of you on this thread are going to learn something. A large gong at 1000 doesn't prove anything . Let's put it on paper. 5 shot's
Little lesson on Long Range Muzzle Loading . First, thousand yard matches were shot with 9 pound rifles in England, in 1800 . Next how you score on 5 ring at 1000 yds when the target only scores to Six. Rings go from 10, 9 , 8, 7, 6 being hit on remaining paper. Inline shot at 1000 has been done at Oak Ridge , by 52 Bore and I long time ago with Black Powder , took around 160 some MOA

So what contribution have you brought to this discussion other than stating you are the self proclaimed best shot in the world? Encore was very humble in his self evaluation of skill and made the simple statement he wanted to give 1K a try. To that you take offense? You chastise everyone else as inexperienced and unknowledgeable yet we are supposed to bow to your "achievements?" I too apologize to Encore for crapping on his thread but only wish to ask if there is any chance I could buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth? Regardless the information you may have to share in the discussion, it simply isn't worth the crap that goes with it.

Glad to hear you making some sense as well as standing up for your self.
You show promise in your long range endeavor and I hope you will learn from it. Learning something new is a good thing
Where I come from I don't have much patience for many of the light weights on this forum speaking from a very limited shooting perspective.
There is a lot of show and tell to make a point or prove something which makes this forum interesting. And there is a lot of BS that comes from a very limited knowledge base along with the pictures. Their are 12 year olds going on 60 Yrs. that can shoot extremely well but they have much to learn.
I actually didn't know about the center fire section on this forum. And that is OK you folks won't miss me .
I've been here long enough to learn there is not much for me as far as new knowledge from the majority on this blog. Guess that comes from a long life of having guns and many shooting disciplines.
I have been shooting 62 years of my life and haven't stopped as of yet and don't care much for a buddy buddy atmosphere that don't have enough to do, can dish it out but can't take it. I have adult children that stopped name calling a long time ago.
I'm not at all worried about you and recoil; Wisdom comes with age. You will learn.
Your new bench could be improved on but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. Your in that light weight category. With your buddys.
@ 1000 yds. on a good day you will be extremely lucky If you can get one shot within the 5 ring out of ten shots with the gun combination you are shooting. Show me! Talk can be cheep. You may find the 8208 to slow for the barrel length and weight your shooting.
Watch for those sparks coming out the muzzle.

Is your first name Bob?

If you have such extended knowledge and abilities, why are you trolling on a muzzleloader forum, especially when you state, "I've been here long enough to learn there is not much for me as far as new knowledge from the majority on this blog." ?? :think:

Kudos to Encore50A for keeping his cool for the past several days while being treated poorly by another forum member.

I have NEVER read a post where you treated a forum member as you have been treated here in this thread by Mr.
Wmdbowman.

I have said this before many times, and it bears repeating.

The totality of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING involved in our sport of muzzleloading.....

From hand cannons to smokeless inline m-l's....

From the guy who splits hickory into ramrods to Knight Rifles to Davide Pedersoli....

From traditional to ultra modern....

From smoothbores to rifles....

From Goex ffg black powder to Western Powders Blackhorn209....

Our sport occupies less than one/ one thousand of one percent of the total outdoor sporting goods revenue.

Our numbers are dwindling, our mean average age is somewhere in the late '60's.

We NEED to stick together, help one another, offer encouragement and assistance in ANY WAY WE CAN!!

Sniping, and picking fault with one another for no good reason serves our sport NOTHING but a HUGE DISSERVICE.

We either stand together now, and try our hardest to.build our numbers, or as we age and die, so does the sport.

Back