A matched set!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking rifles. You planning to hunt with either?
Probably not the .45 but the .36 may get some squirrel action as soon as I (hopefully) get a couple deer for the freezer with the bow. I have a .45 T/C Hawken with a Rice 1:18" twist barrel that shoots my cast paper patched bullets almost on top of each other. So that's what is likely going to get the call if I feel like a sidelock kind of day!
These are pretty much wall hangers and got them as an investment. I couldn't pass up the prices I paid for them. They're worth twice that already.

I have so many options to shoot out of this .45. Some old ideas and a new one I'm going to try. I'll be shooting PRB, paper patched, full bore cast and a new twist, I got some MMP sabots to shoot .357 bullets. I have 2 types of 158 gr cast .357s to try.

Really nice rifles! I'm really starting to get the itch for another TC rifle now. 😁

You now have two of the best! The .36 has been my favorite "little rifle" for a very long time with my .32 a close second. The .45 was always my favorite for deer back when I still hunted and still special.

Look to be around 32" barrels. What's the barrel twists on these-2?
Actually these are I believe 27" barrels. The Seneca is a scaled down version of the T/C Hawken just like the Cherokee is a scaled down version of the Renegade. Not sure of yhe twist on the .36 but the .45 should be 1:48. I'd suspect the .36 is likewise.
You now have two of the best! The .36 has been my favorite "little rifle" for a very long time with my .32 a close second. The .45 was always my favorite for deer back when I still hunted and still special.
Yes they are sweet handling little rifles. These are the two I really wanted. I'm not a big .32 cal fan. I had a Crockett rifle in .32 and it seemed to foul quickly. The .36 cal will do anything the .32 can do and in a pinch can double as a short (very short) range deer rifle with the Maxiballs.

Last edited:
Back