Actual pics of trade(Cabelas Hawken .54)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well heres pics of the Hawken I traded the Charles Daley 12 ga. for plus some shells I was never going to use and 40.00... gun has never been fired, full length gun which I assume is 1:48, the pic he sent me was of a carbine which I kinda hoped it was as I already have a Renegade 1:48 but I guess I can live with it... gun has one small pressure mark under forearm otherwise wood is 100 percent, action had a slight film of surface rust that you couldnt even tell was on the gun until you wiped it down, it all came off and looks new, bore perfect unfired except it was full of dust/cobwebs..
Does anyone know if there is a trigger replacement available for these guns as I can tell I dont care for the trigger already, too stiff/heavy..
Dont care for the plastic sights but they are functional, trigger guard is plastic, anywhere I can get a steel one? It does have pretty wood. Anyway enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1459.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 430
I think you got the better end of that deal! Good job.

Has that been restocked? I have never seen a Hawken that was checkered and with a recoil pad..

The stock appears to be walnut! Plastic sights and trigger guard? :huh?:

oldfox said:
Has that been restocked? I have never seen a Hawken that was checkered and with a recoil pad..

Its called a sporterized Hawken they come w/checkering/recoil pad and sling studs. I didnt even noticed when I posted about the trigger that it had a set trigger also, it sets so close to the trigger guard that I didnt even notice it, once set trigger is real nice.

That looks like a real nice rifle. It should be a good shooter. Keep us posted how it works for you.

dbowling said:
excess650 said:

yeah dont ask me why they put such good wood on a gun then put plastic on it.

You might find a trigger guard at TOTW to replace the plastic. Don't expect to find a direct replacement.

I would consider putting a tang sight of some variety on it, and replace the front with a silver blade. Is the front sight dovetailed in or screwed on? :huh?:

Being a Cabela's, I'm expecting it to be made by Investarms, so a sight that fits a Lyman Great Plains or Trade Rifle should fit. The trigger guard from a Lyman Trade Rifle is shaped like that, but brass, and appears to be for a single trigger. Maybe a Lehman from TOTW would work.

excess650 said:
dbowling said:
excess650 said:

yeah dont ask me why they put such good wood on a gun then put plastic on it.

You might find a trigger guard at TOTW to replace the plastic. Don't expect to find a direct replacement.

I would consider putting a tang sight of some variety on it, and replace the front with a silver blade. Is the front sight dovetailed in or screwed on? :huh?:

Being a Cabela's, I'm expecting it to be made by Investarms, so a sight that fits a Lyman Great Plains or Trade Rifle should fit. The trigger guard from a Lyman Trade Rifle is shaped like that, but brass, and appears to be for a single trigger. Maybe a Lehman from TOTW would work.

The sight is dovetailed on, been looking at the triggerguards on TOTW...It is made by Investarms...thinking about a tang sight also but have to make it where I can use in low light for hunting, my eyes suck when it starts getting dark anymore, thats why my Renegade has a scope on it.

Latest posts

Back