Advice for buying a quality cheap muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamphunter

Reaction score
Thanks again to all that replied to my previous postings. My brother in law has fired my Savage and likes it and would like to buy a muzzleloader, but does not really want to spend that much right now. I have heard some bad things about some of the imports, and would like to ask some of the members here for some recommendations on quality muzzleloaders that are in the cheaper price range.

I have a Knight inline new in box for sale on auction arms under the penny auctions. Right now it is only bringing 151.00, this one sold new for close to 400. Knight as a really good rifle and this is a chance to get alot of gun for the money.Oops I did not see y'all are from Canada. I am not set up to get one in country, sorry.

H&R sidekick is the best cheap out of the box shotting muzzleloader I have seen.$160-$225 price and worth it .I helped a friend set one up last month.80 gr. 777,250 gr. HP/XTP with supplied sabot=1 3/8in"group at 75 yds.This gun was a s/s 24" barrel, cost was $179.00 I believe.He is a older guy and 80 grains of powder is all he wanted to shoot.
ps- I should have said also that this is an American made gun.

sidekick hands down... I know someone that has one for sale

If you want the most bang for the buck go with a Knight disc elite. The Sportsmans Guide has the blue/black stock in 50 cal for $250. Bass Pro has the 45 cal blue/black for $199. Add $50 on either of these if you want stainless. I have heard they are one of the most accurate out of the box guns there is. BTW, these were $400-$500 muzzleloaders. :) :wink:

Thanks for the info. My brother in law said that he has seen the H&R Sidekick and NEF Huntsman, and they both look the same, and were the same price. S.I.R. Mailorder only lists the Huntsman in their catalogue. Is it the same rifle, or as good; or should he look for the Sidekick?

Back