Ammo prices to rise...again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just read this from Newsweek

Vista Outdoor, a parent company to many firearms businesses, told Newsweek that it will substantially increase its ammunition prices due to "an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder."

Just when things were starting to seem better. šŸ˜•

I don't think there is a powder shortage nor component shortage. I think there is terrible amount of greed for big profits. The poopy pants n follows have been spending millions of tax payer $'s n warehousing ammo n such to keep it from the American public buyers. No ammo firearms are worthless.

Considering how much ammo they are sending to Ukraine etc. it might cause shortages here for us too. So there very well could be propellant shortages. But that might still be a lingering effect from the pandemic when numerous factors were shut down, it really messed up the supply chain for everything,

Considering how much ammo they are sending to Ukraine etc. it might cause shortages here for us too. So there very well could be propellant shortages. But that might still be a lingering effect from the pandemic when numerous factors were shut down, it really messed up the supply chain for everything,
Right, the way the pandemic was handled really screwed many things up royally! As the election approaches watch for nefarious groups to try and duplicate the lockdowns and election shenanigans. Itā€™s not beneath them!

Last edited:
Right, the way the pandemic was handled really screwed many things up royally! As the electron approaches watch for nefarious groups to try and duplicate the lockdowns and election shenanigans. Itā€™s not beneath them!

Yeah, I still get the feeling that another pandemic with mandates, shutdowns and rampant mail in ballots is coming soon.

The ammo being shipped cross the pond is Military caliber. None of the hunting ammo people here use.

In and just after the covid era primers were touch and go around me so when I saw any I bought them. When BH went missing about the same frame I was fortunate to find enough reasonably at small gun shops in outlying areas and stocked up good. I still have a pile of the powder that cost no more than $47. When the pinch on bullets started I bought enough Barnes in the three calibers I needed to last a good while. Ironically, XTPs in all the bullets that I run down-range and T7 granular never really got scarce and I was able to stay on target so to speak during the funky pandemic.

If the supply games are going to begin again I have enough to shoot every couple weeks for a couple years and as far as hunting I have enough goodies to last for several years.... maybe 20. I'll be dead before I run out of hunting necessities.

Latest posts

Back