Another sabotless Test (Oregon-Colorado)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive heard many CVAs are close to .500 land to land. A .5005 brass bullet (not engraving band diameter) would be basically impossible to load in a .500 bore.

I cant get a .4505 bullet down my .450 without a hammer but .451 (bands or knurling) go down with ease. So, if the actual bullet is .500 they might be worth a test fit in my ULA as long as the engraving bands are not over .502. My Douglas barrel is extremely uniform in size.

GM54-120 said:
Ive heard many CVAs are close to .500 land to land. A .5005 brass bullet (not engraving band diameter) would be basically impossible to load in a .500 bore.

I cant get a .4505 bullet down my .450 without a hammer but .451 (bands or knurling) go down with ease. So, if the actual bullet is .500 they might be worth a test fit in my ULA as long as the engraving bands are not over .502. My Douglas barrel is extremely uniform in size.

The bullet is .500, then the knurling is threaded into the bullet and then it is resized again to .502. They really seem to be very uniform. The best part is the rings are so thin they do engrave rather easily.

Thin .502 engraving bands might go down mine but ive never tried it with brass. Knurled copper has been no problem upto roughly .0025 over land to land depending on the amount of fouling.

BTW what is the overall length and a rough estimate of length not including the base cup. I would like to run them through a twist calculator. 1-32 should be fast enough with my normal BH209 speeds.

Latest posts

Back