Any conversion Recommendations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eekjellander

Reaction score
I want to convert my 45/70 Handi rifle to smokeless just to use up a lot of smokeless powder . I want to conserve my BP cause most every thing left uses it and NYS (BS) makes it harder to ship (and not getting cheaper) ! Any ideas on who does this and cost/time frame ? Thanks for replying in advance/Ed

You will have to contact them about cost and time frame. I don't know if Hollis Weber at Center Punch USA still does conversions. No dealings with him. There's a guy in Tennessee, I think his name is Schultz. Jeff Hankins does them. Luke at Arrowhead.

Last edited:
Why not just set up to reload 45-70 using your smokeless ?
That s easy I get bored and I have many jugs 1 and 4Lb and 8 lbers and thought I would use up the ones that work! 30+ yrs of raising kids on deer meat with a recurve ,then rifle for 35+ it's time for smokeless and I want my BP stash to last longer than me! I still wonder what the neighbors kid will say when I give him my 180+ hunting loads for his Handi rifle I got him ?Next thing you know he'll want my loading stuff too , it's ok as if this works out I won't be needing it anyway /Ed

Latest posts

Back