Anyone heard of this model CVA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got a guy wanting to sell me a CVA Colorado Mountain Man .50 muzzleloader, says its a 1:32 twist on the barrel according to him, only talked to him via e-mail so far... pic of the gun shows double set triggers, he says he bought barrel/stock together and purchased lock seperately, says gun is 90 percent finished just needs a front sight and lock screws shortned a tiny bit as they are to long... Anyone have or heard of this model CVA? Might go look at it tomorrow if they plow my roads out of snow.

Never heard of one. Sounds very interesting. And a special twist as well.

cayuga said:
Never heard of one. Sounds very interesting. And a special twist as well.
He only wants 50.00 for it but to see it Ive got to drive 90 miles rounds trip, dont want to do all the driving if its not worth the trip..

I have one. The MM on the barrel stands for Musket Mag, not Mountain Man as far as
my research shows. It does have a 1:32 twist, printed on the barrel as well as listed
on CVA barrel twists. My has a single trigger, so if his shows a double trigger, he may
have converted things if he put in a different lock.

To be honest, I have not shot my yet, but feels good to handle and is built well.
For $50 you probably could do worse.

Latest posts

Back