Back in the game.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damon S

Reaction score
After more than 20 years out of the muzzleloader game, I am back in. Going through my closet about a month ago I ran into my old Knight LK93 54 cal. I decided to take it apart and see how bad the bore looked, as I was not sure if I had cleaned it the last time I fired it. To my surprise the bore was shinning. At this point I started getting my accessories together. I decided to try 777 powder, and I wanted to shoot a full bore conical bullet, as I find big lead really cool. While researching on the web I ran into No Excuses bullets, they have a 535 grain 54cal. bullet that gets great reviews. I bit the bulle 😁 and ordered a box of 50. When they arrived I was amazed at the weight of that small package. Before I new it I was in my neighbors back field shooting a quick group. I settled on using a 90 grain by volume load of the 777. I set the target out at 55 yards and proceeded to shoot a 3 shot group 2 inches above the bull with two shots going into one hole. Wow that was fun! Now I will say the old girl kicks pretty hard, but man it was fun. I think I will be getting a recoil pad though as the old LK has a paddle stock with no pad. My neighbor put it well when he said. "That thing kills on both ends". I could use a lower powder charge but where's the fun in that😉. Well it looks like I am officially hooked. To bad the Maine muzzleloader deer season is only 1 week long.

Thanks so much. I might put in for a moose tag next year. That 535 should put a pretty hard love tap on Bullwinkle.

Welcome!
Where are you in Maine? I'm in Livermore. I have land in southern Maine, you could get an extra week.
Nit Wit

Thanks guys. I live in Aroostook County near Houlton. I might have to take you up on that extra week sometime. Thanks for the offer Nit Wit.

Back