baiting and hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadis10

Reaction score
what is a good feed to attrack and hunt these hogs there are alot on the property i see in the game cam but never during the day

corn works great. another thing that works good is old fruit & vegetables talk to the produce guy at your local grocery store see if he will save these for you. i gave my guy 2 30 gallon trash cans and he calls me when they are ready to be picked up. make sure baiting is legeal in your state before you do anything.
bunchofhogs.jpg

savesomeforus.jpg

WOW!! that is a lot of hogs there... You would think that was a pig farm and not a wood lot... I bet that is a lot of fun.

these hogs pass through where i deer hunt if i keep my feeders running i can hold them for a while. after you shoot 2 or 3 you need to move the feeder as they quit coming to it or only come at night. here are a few i shot during deer season last year.
100_2087.jpg

blackhog.jpg

10-06-06hog.jpg

morepork.jpg

To Gobbler: Good information. Those hogs you shoot quit coming right away don't they? Those look like good weight eating hogs.

We feed the hogs corn and kill them, then leave the hogs by the feeders and kill hogs when they come in to eat the hogs 8)

Here are some pics

45pig.jpg

Justinspig.jpg

Buglemintoday said:
We feed the hogs corn and kill them, then leave the hogs by the feeders and kill hogs when they come in to eat the hogs 8)

Hadn't thought of leaving them by the feeder as bait. We have a hog problem down on the deer lease and shoot all we can to keep from being overrun. It is kinda hard to kill too many of them because they can have so many large litters a year!!

I would never waste one unless it is really big and really stinky. They are just too downright tasty and you can eat most everything but the squeel and the season here in AR never closes!

Chuck- in the area we are hunting it is so overpopulated that we take them out at the ranchers applause. It is not uncommon to see 30-40 hogs at each feeder every morning and afternoon

Latest posts

Back