BANG FLOP then bang again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex Dr.

Reaction score
shot a big doe with a 295 gr powerbelt aerotip (copper coated) 100gr (2 50gr pyrodex pellets)

i have it sight in at 2" high at 25 yrds (only indoor range i can shoot my ML in)

i bang flopped her tonite at approx 180 yards from a 20 foot treestand
she was quartering to me (long story)

put cross hairs on her spine/neck meeting place and when the smoke cleared she was gone but the other deer with her was just looking down so i knew she dropped on the spot

the bullet hit 4-5 inches down from the top of her back infront of right shoulder and came out below the shoulder joint shattering the left front leg after climbing down re loading and walking to her (took 10-12 minutes) i was walking slow because the smaller doe (not a fawn) was still standing there in amazement

i had to shoot her with my .357 to end it (she could pick her head up but all 4 legs were not working but i hate to see/ hear them suffer

both holes are the size of the bullet no expansion at all

JD

pics as soon as i get developed ( i finished the roll tonite wahooo)

Congratulations on taking the doe... it sounds like a good solid hit. I am surprised there was no expansion with the powerbelt. At least it might not have bloodied a lot of muscle tissue.

i juat dropped her off at butcher

i asked him to snap pics under skin of the wounds in front of shoulder and broken leg

we will see by wed he said

WOW! 180 yards! thats a pretty long poke. How do you like the powerbelts. I have been using them for 4 seasons now. I would rather shoot a XTP Mag but my gun really likes the 295pb's. I usually never find the bullet only small fragments.
Frank

Rolex,

Be sure to share the pictures with us.

Franksauto,

There is a "reason" you only find bullet fragments. :?:

Chocdog

choc-dog said:
Rolex,

Be sure to share the pictures with us.

Franksauto,

There is a "reason" you only find bullet fragments. :?:

Chocdog
Whats the reason? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not being funny, i'm still fairly new at muzzleloading and still learning. I do like the accuracy or should I say my gun shoots the 295 BP really well. (and who can complain about how they load) If I switch to a 245gr it is a huge differance in group size. I havent tried a ton of bullets but I have tried about 10 different ones. I had a post here a couple of years ago on Powerbelts and most people who replied did not care for the them but some said they wouldnt use anything else.
Frank

i have got the bullets back from the butcher

he did not take pics of the holes

i will post pics of the bullets later this weekend

jd

fri morning i went to the woods hunting

i lazered the spot where she was hit to my tree 169

jd

Back