Barnes Original Bullet 45-70 Gov (458 Diameter) 300 gr.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing how this bullet is gettin so darn popular I figured I better order more before they are all gone. Midway USA is out and so is Wideners as I got the lst 2 boxs there. Maybe you guys that want em can get them at Midsouth or Natchez still.
Now I just gotta call Del and get some more sabots!

Well with my luck probably drop faster down the bore then an 1 oz jig on 2lb test in 1ft water. :lol:

I ordered the sabots from Del and the bullets from Midway on Monday. Midway said they shipped. When I ordered they had 5 packs left, on sale too. :lol: Waiting for both to get here.
Redclub

I ordered two boxes from Midway on Monday also. When I ordered they said that there were 4 available.

I received confirmation of shipment.

Ordered the sabots the same day from MMP.

I should be able to start playing soon.

This stuff is addictive. I need to build a new bigger cabinet just to hold all of the stuff I'm collecting. 6 different powders, at least that many different bullets, so many different sabots in varying colors in looks like a crayola box when I open the cabinet door. It's a new surprise each time I open the door wondering what will fall out first when I open it this time :D

Kim

I bought two boxes from Midway about 3 weeks ago. I have to call Del and order the sabots and need to acquire some N120 also. I have weighed loads of 5744,N110 and H322 to try. Probably will shoot the N120 since everyone feels it works the best.

Maybe the heat wave we have been having here in Indy will subside enough to have an all day shooting session.

If the N120 and the Barnes .458 delivers the same accuracy for me, most likely will be my new "pet deer load"! :D

I ordered sabots and 458 bullets on Monday and both came today. They even look like real bullets :lol: I have been shooting a lot lately mostly with T7 for Co. Elk hunt. But scope goes back on tonite and will try them tommorrow. Beautiful weather here in 60's.
Retired is nice
Redclub

Rifleman said:
Seeing how this bullet is gettin so darn popular I figured I better order more before they are all gone. Midway USA is out and so is Wideners as I got the lst 2 boxs there. Maybe you guys that want em can get them at Midsouth or Natchez still.
Now I just gotta call Del and get some more sabots!

Anybody who has trouble can get them direct from Barnes-- not much price difference, and Barnes pays the shipping.

Latest posts

Back