Becareful on what you read from these writers.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
I just got my new issues of Muzzleloader Magazine is the reason I'm mentioning this....  and this is not the first time one of their writer's pulls this on the public. Now he's writing for another magazine and doing the same thing.

Have you ever noticed how some of these gun writers (modern or muzzleloading) seem to copy each other, just reword the same thoughts year after year. A few of these guys must think we're stupid as they repeat the same information they had written a dozen years ago and act like this is new stuff.   :thumb down:

Several writers have told us how you can tell if the company gave them the gun or asked for it to be returned. 
  • If the article raves how great the firearm is - in some cases that means the writer just added another gun to his personal collection whether junk or so-so.
  • If the article is average, doesn't really talk the firearm up as being better than others can mean the writer was asked to return the weapon.
And we read this stuff expecting to get a heads-up on what's good, bad or junk. You really didn't get anything for the $5 bucks it cost for the magazine.  :Questuon:  :thumb down:

I have a stack of 73-75 of the muzzleloader magazines and just looked through 2 of them. One i noticed was a coned rice barrel and his accuracy was not great at all. He however coned it so much, the rifling was completely gone and clearly not uniform. This was from 2003 of course, I paid $20 shipped for all these magazines so Im behind in times lol.

Now and then you get something helpful or interesting but most times, its crap right off the gun dealers website and the writer talking about something else to fill up the page :say whhhhhat:

Guns & Ammo Black Powder Editor was famous for doing as I mentioned as is one of Muzzleloaders one editor (he really get bad mouthed at black powder gatherings for repeating himself every few years, may be time for him to retire), somethings never change.   :Questuon:

I have to admit, its mostly eastern styles guns and wares in that magazine. I don't really find myself connecting to the articles or stories in most of them. Always have an open mind though, for some, these magazines really help the new guys and thats always a good thing.

Latest posts

Back