What kind of stuff do you all read?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love reading WW2 fiction based on facts. I get all of my books through Kindle unlimited. You can borrow up to 10 books. No having to go to the library or the store just browse what they have available on unlimited and down load it. I use to have a bunch of books until I moved but donated them to the library.

Yup, I can totally relate to that! When we moved to Missouri in 2020, I took 5 fruit boxes full of books to local library. Was going to take more, but librarian told me no, she didn't have enough storage room for them!!

Speaking of C. J. Box and Joe Pickett, did you happen to watch the series on TV. Waiting for next season to start, hopefully.

I'm a bit of a science geek. I like to read PubMed articles on nutrition and fitness. I used to devour historical fiction, espionage, and murder mystery. Right now I'm trying to get back into reading for pleasure again. Some of my favorite authors were/are John Grisham, Nelson Demille, Richard Marcinko, Pat Conroy, etc. I also recently got into leadership books, especially anything by Jocko Wilink.

I usually only read posts from all the knowledgeable muzzleloader shooters on here! I know we're all experts in our field but we can all learn for each other. I've been doing this muzzleloader stuff since the early 70s and I'm still learning. Now I have a new venture with smokeless muzzleloading and having a blast.

Last edited:
The Joe Pickett series on Paramount+ was interesting, but the main character, Joe Pickett, was portrayed as being kind of wimpy rather than a real hard-ass like in the books. The books were a lot better.

The Joe Pickett series on Paramount+ was interesting, but the main character, Joe Pickett, was portrayed as being kind of wimpy rather than a real hard-ass like in the books. The books were a lot better.
X2

Im surprised no one has mentioned the longmire series
Theres also the Mike Bowditch serious by Paul Dorian and Maine game warden
Jack Carr has a series thats outstanding Amazon is doing a series on it called the Terminal list
Im also waiting on the Tony hillerman books in the libby library app. All i listen to is audiobooks and it gets expensive buying them.
And the Joe Pickett books are great, the tv series absolutely sucked didn't do the books justice, thankfully i think it didnt get renewed.

For fans of historical fiction, I would recommend Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin books (the popular Master and Commander movie with Russell Crow was loosely based on the books). A great storyteller, O'Brian's writing brings readers into the day-to-day lives of early 19th century sailors and civilians. I'm also a big fan of just about anything written by Bernard Cornwell, author of the Sharpe's Rifles series (Napoleonic War), Utred series (early medieval Britain), the Grail series (Hundred Years War).

Latest posts

Back