Best starter muzzleloading scope...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Yeah this could go in the optic forum BUT since this is for new and up coming muzzleloader shooters just wondering what everyone thinks.. What scope would you recommend to a new muzzleloader shooter that wouldn't break the bank? Let's say the LIMIT is $150.00. Which one do you recommend?

PERSONALLY...I'm going to recommend a either a Simmons 2.8-10x44 Aetec Rifle Scope($130.00) OR a Simmons 3-10x44 44 Mag Rifle Scope($100.00). I have used both scopes and really like the Aetec which I still have.

What do you think?

I'm going to recommend the Swift 3-9x40 Premier, or a 2-7x32 Redfeild widefeild from Sportsmans Guide. I have both and find them to be excellent. Of course the nod goes to SWIFT. :)

A couple of nominees:

Weaver 3-9x38 Classic V9 Series, and

the Bushnell Legend 2 - 7 x 32, the clearest scope for the dollar I've ever tested, and the one my Dad has shot all his 10ML-II game with.

Sightron SI 3.9.40 MD $130 and a lifetime replacement warranty

I completely for about the Swift 3-9X40! SUPER scope for the money! In fact it is probably the best scope I have ever used for the money spent!

My local gundealer told me yesterday that Swift has a great guarentee. You break it, you bring it back and he hands you a new one right then over the counter. I find that a very strong point for the Swift. We are gonna put one on a sluggun here real soon, maybe test that guarentee if neccessary.

"Which one do you recommend?

PERSONALLY...I'm going to recommend a either a Simmons 2.8-10x44 Aetec Rifle Scope($130.00) OR a Simmons 3-10x44 44 Mag Rifle Scope($100.00). I have used both scopes and really like the Aetec which I still have.

What do you think?

Right on Chuck. For a cheapie you can't beat the Aetec. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back