BH209 charges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickiesrevenge

Reaction score
I built a rifle with 1:20 brux barrel on a 700SA, hankins ignition and modules. How big of a difference in charge should I be doing when working up a load with BH209? I have some arrowhead bullets in 300, 325, and 350gr. I've seen the data from western powders and they stop at 120gr by volume. I'll be weighing them on my reloading scale.

I built a rifle with 1:20 brux barrel on a 700SA, hankins ignition and modules. How big of a difference in charge should I be doing when working up a load with BH209? I have some arrowhead bullets in 300, 325, and 350gr. I've seen the data from western powders and they stop at 120gr by volume. I'll be weighing them on my reloading scale.
Note that 120grs VOLUME won't weigh 84grs, and each lot number will differ.
My barrel is a Rock Creek 1:19 twist, 8 grove heavy varmint barrel.... 1.250" for 5" then straight taper to .892". I can't put enough BH into it to hurt it. You can get to the point where more just doesn't work very well though. I push the 350gr XLD with 120grs volume (95grsW) at target. I've shot it with 110grs weight too.
Start low and work up but, you will most likely find that the XLD's shoot excellent regardless of charge........... so long as its not under 120grs volume.
With the custom Brux, if it were me I'd start at 90grs weight and work up to 110grs weight.

I highly suggest a .060" veggie wad.

Latest posts

Back