BH209 Loads...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if pricing changed but basically to get to "Peregrine level" its like $450. Thats still a 209 primer but with a good plug and a way better firing pin size. Not a knock on Bestill at all but for $450 i would see if Knight would sell a Peregrine bolt and plug just for giggles. It would be interesting to see what that cost if they would sell those parts.

Not sure if pricing changed but basically to get to "Peregrine level" its like $450. Thats still a 209 primer but with a good plug and a way better firing pin size. Not a knock on Bestill at all but for $450 i would see if Knight would sell a Peregrine bolt and plug just for giggles. It would be interesting to see what that cost if they would sell those parts.
I def want to be able to change vent liners, which im sure his setup i would assume id be able too. See i built machineguns in my own shop for 15 yrs. So all of this is new to me, ive never owned anything black powder related other than an old flintlock that i used when i was a kid a few times. But as far as those types of firearms and ballistics im very very familiar with. I just recently found out about smokeless ML's.. it all has me intrigued, because its so entirely different i had to try something new. Ill eventually once i get rock n rollin in this new game i think ill do good. Its just getting started that's hard, I'm just trying to figure everything out, im not entirely clueless, but clueless with all the blackpowder stuff. I'll catch on quick tho.

I have both vent liner and a bushing plug....You want bushing. It lasts much longer and you can replace it when it finally does wear out. Its like $32 for a new bushing and lock ring or whatever its called. You leave the bushing in until its toast. Just clean the plug.

Latest posts

Back