Black Powder Scouts in Central Florida

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
The Central Florida Muzzleloaders match had special guests today. 
A Scout troop came to visit to learn about and experience black powder. 
umPPsj.jpg

Today was fun. Hot as blazes, but fun. 
bPBw9Y.jpg

Check out the soaked shirts... Boys, it was HOT.
dmzksj.jpg

For most, it was their first time shooting Holy Black.

After a show and tell of history and safety, each Scout and/or family member moved into the care of 
a willing club member. Percussion, flintlock, rifle, and pistol were all available to try. A few tried them all. 
ee88K6.jpg

This photo makes me smile. 
PDwOtb.jpg

She was game.
cHkVka.jpg

Check out the fire in the smoke...
mer8yh.jpg

For some, this was their first experience with a rifle of any kind.

fSj123.jpg

We gave them as much coaching as they wish for beyond the safety basics and turned them loose.
(Supervised carefully 'loosed.')
8AWQdz.jpg

He hit his paper buffalo at 25 yards.

gxPQNS.jpg

This little cub scout got his fingers dirty with black powder today. You can see how upset he is. 

He came back for another shot AND brought his little sister. She shot, too! Twice.
(I did have to render a little assistance, but they took the recoil and handled the double triggers)

Ben Bateman has been doing a pretty stellar job of increasing the profile of our matches and expanding 
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]the interest in our sport to wider audiences. Herb Brown is also to be credited. The Florida Muzzleloading [/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Association shared the [/font]honors of hosting this great group of kids.
In short, a great day at the range was had. One of the Scout's Grandmas even got in on the act. :cheers: 
3N6DaM.jpg

Now... if somebody would just turn the air conditioning on, life would be grand!

Nice pictures Colonel and good on the Florida Muzzleloaders for showing those kids how much fun it is to shoot muzzleloaders. We need some young blood in the sport. Al

Those photos are enough to make my day. Look at those big grins on all those young people! Terrific!
Ron

Kentucky Colonel said:

gxPQNS.jpg

This little cub scout got his fingers dirty with black powder today. You can see how upset he is. 

He came back for another shot AND brought his little sister. She shot, too! Twice.
(I did have to render a little assistance, but they took the recoil and handled the double triggers)

It's kids like this that could wind up being the saviors of all shooting sports.  :bow: :Red tup:

Back