Blooded the TC System One Shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took her out to the range today since she was a virgin and I haven't shot a muzzleloading shotgun before. I was just going to shoot a couple of different loads from 40 yds. and 30 yds. to see how it patterns for small game and possibly turkey in the future. I did that and I need to work some more on finding a tighter pattern.

Anyway it was getting warm, so I decided to go up to the cabin and do some metal detecting. After finding some buried rifle shells and beer cans and a drain spout I decided to call it a day. Just got back to the truck and happened to look back at the cabin and saw a rattlesnake.

I got out the shotgun and made a good shot from about 15 yds. Let me tell you 50 grains of T7 FFg and 50 grain setting of #6 shot is a good snake load!

He was 37 inches long and had nine buttons. :lol: :lol:

It peppered him pretty good, but didn't tear him in two. Needless to say he didn't go anywhere after that! Funny how they can still move even after being dead for several hours. Gave me a good scare when I was counting the rattles and the tail jerked back!!!

Latest posts

Back