Bore Cleaner - Can you use Hoppe's #9

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use only T7 in all my muzzleloaders found boiling water usually cleans barrels, when it doesn't a few squirts of Awesome Orange ($1 for 64ozs at Dollar Store) takes away everything leaving perfect cleaned barrel. I also like others finish with small amount of WD-40.

I have and still use Awesome cleaner on my muzzleloaders and on the breech plugs.To me it seems to clean up quicker than the old way I use to.Been a couple of years now.

This is the one that I use and it really works well for me!!!

Zep_Cleaner_Degreaser.jpg

And this is another pic of my E-Z bore clean. Using Blue Windex, 2-in-1 Bore Cleaner and Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner

Bore-Cleaning.jpg

I cleaned my 7mm Mag cases with WD-40 once. Aimed at an elk and had the only misfire I've ever had on a center fire rifle Probably not an issue with a muzzleloader, but I use LA Awsome and then a copper brush, and then some Kroil. I shoot 777.

I just tried some straight Iso-Heet fuel system dryer, to clean an Omega of bh209. Worked pretty good. 3 Iso soaked patches, both sides, then 2 dry patches and then an oil patch (Rem Oil). The vent liner breech plug i just sprayed with Brake Kleen and re-anti seized the vent threads. I'll wipe it with Iso-Heet when i go to shoot it again. I wanted to inspect the bore afterwards but my Teslong borescope quit working, tried it on my fone, a tablet, and a laptop. Tried 3 dif apps. The light works but no pic. Ill try to send it back or buy a new one. Anyway, the Iso-Heet really seemed to clean that bh209 up as well as anything else that I've tried. Not as smelly as the #9.

https://www.meijer.com/shopping/pro...ZdQlPr5O0ey32-FJD14gp1pwGh4YnxIIaAg4sEALw_wcB

Back