Bought a Knight Disc on Auction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Been watching another Michigan Gun Auction and they had two Disc Extremes. Both look like they are in excellent condition. I Bid on both for a while but laid off the one and got the other with mounts and rings for 129.00. About 150.00 with fees and tax. On the other auction I picked up a Nikon 3x9-40 for 100.00. I still have the Bighorn I bought brand new from the factory a few months ago. Havent had time to prep the Bighorn and shoot it. Guess I'm starting to fit in here. LOL :elmer:

Great deal....you will need the primer tool..looks like pliers....if you use loise powder beware their breech plugs tend to clog with fffg T7....use ffg....also good luck with Shockeys Gold......my 45cal is wicked fast.....130gr T7....knocks deer dead in their tracks....also I put leupold style QR bases on mine with leupold QD rings in case I want to use open sights.....best base/ring setup available....always returns to zero with reattachment.

Go to Lehigh and get the plug and the bolt adapter. Forget the leaking horrid FPJs. Its only $31+ about $8 in shipping. You would have spent about that much for the FPJ tool and 2 packs of red jackets anyway.

Congrats.
Well built and it will last..
Enjoy

Thank you all. I looked up the conversion kit and find some of the wording or description a little confusing. How about a part or kit number and a web sight to buy it from.

You want these. The Lehigh web site will call them Knight primer conversions or something like that.

Attachments

• 933A7AA6-3666-4600-81BF-34C8E8DA1D73.jpeg
    933A7AA6-3666-4600-81BF-34C8E8DA1D73.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 10
Thank you.

I made an error. I couldn't wait to get the gun inspected so I got it out and ran an oil patch through it with the plug still in it. The patch came out with a little color on it but man am I happy with that. Now I decide to pull the plug and it was a firm twist but it came out and looks great. I ran a needle through the flash hole and it got stuck. Worked it a little and went right on through. Its soaking now. Another look through the barrel and its beautiful.

Then I read the side of the barrel and it says Knight disc elite. Whats that mean. Is that a better or lesser model to the extreme. Its sweet no matter.

Now for the real fun. The number on the barrel reads 00019. If your holding the gun like you would shoot it that number is on the right side next to the forward scope mount. Did I just pick up gun number 19 from this model or company?????

The Elites” have a lighter weight barrel.

GM54-120 should have that information, he is the man for specs.

I have a 2XX Elite and IIRC Sabotloader had a 17Xish in SS. Other than being a early model there is nothing special about them. All Elites were regular composite stocks, light contour barrel and no iron sites. 50cal were 1-28 and 45cal were 1-30s. The recoil lug is forked and wont fit all Extreme stocks. It may fit current production stocks. Both my composite TH stocks had to be inlet slightly for the Elite type lug.

Just for grins. Check the trigger for a name on it. It should just say Knight but...........

Thanks GM54-120.

Should it shoot accurate as is or should I do some bedding around the recoil lug. I notice that when removing and replacing the ramrod it does have influence on the barrel and stock? Any other accuracy tips????

I did a little Lee Shaver break in on the barrel yesterday. Wanted to get a good look at what condition the barrel was in. I found a really light blemish about 2-3 inches from the plug. needed the barrel polished to see it. Again Im very happy to have it. We will start deer hunting with guns on November 15 and hunt through January1st. After that I have a collection of bullets I want to try. Some are from members here. Will keep you posted.

I have a .45 and .50 Elite. Love them, they are lighter than the Extremes, and imo every bit as accurate. With the Lehigh setup and BH209, you are gold! $150 is a great deal!

Latest posts

Back