Knight Disc .52 Caliber Recommended Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My load won’t be much help to you but I shoot 90grV t7, .54cal ox yok felt wad, with a
52-530i hand cast bullet. Out west here I have to use a full bore bullet. This combo I have shot 2” group at 100yrds with open sights.

I have 2 Knight Discs and 2 Bighorns, all 52 caliber. Ignitions used include FPJs, Bare Primers and one musket cap conversion. One each wears a Swift 4X and one each has fixed sights. I can't add anything about accuracy since I hunt hogs at close range (5-50 yds), in thick cover and rough terrain.

FWIW, I did ask Knight by phone and email what was the heaviest bullet that could be used with the maximum allowed powder charges. They told me there is no limit on bullet weight and I could use any slug that the 26" twist will stabilize.

One load is used in all rifles, a 610 grain .525 hard cast lead slug over 150 grains Pyrodex RS with the power stem breech plugs. I've never had a misfire while hunting with any rifle. The recoil is significant so each gun has a Shooter's Friend Recoil Pad. JMH.02

Back