Box to hold 209 primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solocam

Reaction score
I was wondering what you folks use as a box to hold primers? I want a separate box to hold them away from my powder charges.

Please Advise

Thanks Mike

primercaddy.jpg

When I am hunting I use three or four of the little silicone squares that Ron has shown. One in each of that many pockets makes it almost fool proof as to getting primed. Weather and water tight too.

I use the plastic containers that medicine came in. That child/adult proof cap tab has been removed. Carry at least two as I'm not going down to get it when it it slips from my hands.

I bought a T/C U-view capper tool for 209's tc-u-view-209-straight-line-capper_2.jpg
years ago before I switch to the 209 system we sell... it stays in a sealed ammo can most of the year and gets moved to my possibles bag when I hunt. I just push a single primer into my hand... that I then place with my fingers in our bolt nose...

Last edited:
I have a primer in each of my speedloaders but I also have a couple in each of my front pockets. If I need a primer in a hurry I want them to be wherever I reach.

I carry 2 of these tc u-view on a lanyard around my neck to hold 8 primers and powder in 4 tubes and bullets in 2 tubes. And i always stick 2 more primers into the screw holes in the recoil pad as emergency spare. 51QwZYTrVTL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Back