Check Out the "Performance" of the 300gr Arrowhead NSR Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using this bullet/powder combination for a couple seasons now with my smokeless .45 (78grns of H322 and a 300gr Arrowhead NSR bullet). No deer I have shot has made it very far after getting hit with this combination. The down side- usually major damage to meat. This isn't a big deal to me since I shoot plenty of deer each year to feed my family and friends, but for some of you it might be concerning. However, if you want a bullet that has more knockdown power than I have ever come across or heard of, this is it (short of a 50 BMG). Take a look at the picture of the exit wound on a deer I shot this past weekend. Oddly enough, there will be times I will not have a complete pass through, and in those instances it is like a bomb went off inside the deer. It's as if the bullet completely explodes inside the animal. I am going to continue to use this bullet because it is not only deadly, but deadly accurate. At 200yrds I consistently have my three shot groups touching. I would prefer it didn't cause this kind of damage, but I'm not complaining either. I'm curious what others have found using this bullet.

Attachments

• Massive Exit Wound Arrowhead 300gr NSR.jpg
    Massive Exit Wound Arrowhead 300gr NSR.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 0
I shoot the Arrowhead XLD's, but not the NSR. Last year I used the 350gr to take a nice buck. Slightly quartering to me, took it on the left side front, the bullet exited on the right side, about the 5th rib. Entrance and exit were pretty much about what one would expect from most bullets. However, the heart and lungs were turned to liquid. Picked him up and flipped him over backwards.

8pt 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back