Cleaner 209's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
Question: Which primer is best?
Answer: The one that goes off everytime as cleanly as possible, that loads into your breech plug, and adds to the confidence you have in your particular hunting or target load.

With everyone talking about the Remington Kleanbore 209's from Wallyworld, I thought I would throw in my own 2 cents. I don't know anything about the Kleanbores from Wallyworld, although I have seen them and the price is scary!

I received from a friend of mine about 1000 old Remington Kleanbore #97 209 primers. They seem to have a reduced charge and reduced fouling as well. They have performed flawlessly setting off all my choices of loose and pellets both Pyrodex and 777. They fit snuggly into my Knight discs, but have too much diameter for a Knight 209 breech plug. Knight users without the disc conversion package will have to continue to use Winchester 209's.
Completely cleaning the gun after each primer was snapped, the following picture shows the first 3 cleaning patches of that process.

I know little of shotgun reloading so maybe someone in the know can share more on these primers and their availability. I'll need more in about a year. :wink:

primerstudy001.jpg
[/img]

I have been using Remington primers for a very long time in shotgun reloading, very good , Having said that some of the old remington primers had an exposed flash hole and I would not use those.
Redclub

Redclub said:
I have been using Remington primers for a very long time in shotgun reloading, very good , Having said that some of the old remington primers had an exposed flash hole and I would not use those.
Redclub

Why not?

More than likely it would not be a problem, with fine ball powder it can get inside the primer and cause strange happenings However with the powders we use for ML's it shouldn't happen
Redclub

Latest posts

Back