Crossbows...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Alabama has legalized crossbows for use during whitetail bow season this year. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them....

Hope the server stays up long enough to get an answer.... :cry:

Hi Chuck
I use one it is a Ten Point Steath with a Millet red dot sight (it came this way) It is an awesome machine. 185# pull 320fps. It has a Accu-draw system on it. The ramp moves up and down. first click is 20 yards 2nd click is 30 yards and 3rd click is 45 yards. It is deadly accurate at 45 yards. I would prefer the red dot with the 3 dots though.
I have a disability permit due to 3 operations on my right arm, tore bicep tendon off.
Redclub

I have a cross bow. Don't know a lot about it, but it is supper accurate out to around 40 yards. I purchased it for a handicap hunter who I hunt with then Indiana legalized them for late archery season without a handicap hunter permit. I personaly have not had the opertunity to hunt with it yet. I sighted it in then told the handicap hunter which sight pin was what distance. Thats all I have ever done with it.

PA did also in certain counties. TenPoint seems to be about the best. A little over a $1000.00 Bucks will get you a good one. Maybe next year for me. :?

TenPoint seems to be about the best. A little over a $1000.00 Bucks will get you a good one.

OUCH! I'm looking to spend a little less that that. I'm looking at Horton, Fred Bear, Excalibur, Barnett, and Parker. They all look the same to me..

I personnally would only buy from an archery dealer. These things have to be tuned and they are subject to breakage. I broke a limb and the accu-draw. Dealer had me hunting in 2 days. Lifetime warranty.
I would get a lower end model from ten - point such as the Titan then get a high end model from a lesser company. Horton is a good product.
Remember you have to cock these things and they cannot be misaligned when fully drawn. Thats why a cocking device is so critical. These things are super accurate if all pieces are in the right place.
Kinda like a muzzle loader.
Couple things about a crossbow. They are heavy and hard to carry,noisy and being horizontal you cannot get close to a tree as the limbs/ string will hit it. Big advantage is you don't have to pull it back when a deer is present ,also they are far more forgiving when excitement kicks in as you can shoot sitting or use a rest.
Redclub

Latest posts

Back