Big woods hunting in Maine or New York

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again I am proved wrong, according to Wikipedia, Adirondack Park is 52% private owned. So I guess if you are hunting on those private lands, you can use lead bullets. Good luck figuring that out!
I loved hunting around the Cedar River flowage, and the Fulton Chain of lakes, but with these new restrictions and CWD restrictions, I will probably pass.
I have Hunted Cedar River area for many years. Lots of state and private land in that area. Some large plots are leased by some hunting clubs.

Having hunted both, I would recommend Maine, it has your best bet for snow, but go late in the season. NY has some really stupid gun laws, and the State just outlawed lead bullets anywhere on State property. That means the Adirondacks in total. Do not bring a pistol of any persuasion.
Maine will not let you hunt on Sundays, but they have some enormous bucks. A good friend of mine shot this nice buck in Southern Maine last fall, 230lbs dressed! View attachment 35078

Maine does have some enormous bucks and if you let the little ones walk on by you might get something like this! That giant could scare children and many adults!

Maine does have some enormous bucks and if you let the little ones walk on by you might get something like this! That giant could scare children and many adults!
That buck was taken near Sanford, on the NH /Maine line. Not all the big ones are up North.

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpeg
    IMG_2443.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
When I get to hunt Vermont, I'm at my buddy's place in Andover.
We hunt just around the area mostly and really not what you'd call big woods but some big bucks are taken around there. Time and place, along with some good luck.

Latest posts

Back