Custom L/H Knight MK85 or a factory build ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
Knight.jpgOkay, so what is it? Looks like a left hand MK85 with a custom half hex, half round barrel. I'm told in .50 or .54 cal. Anyone seen or own anything like this? I know of the Green Mountain ML using the Disc action. I didn't even know there was a L/H version of any knight or that the barrel and action are in two pieces, my disc is one piece. Can someone shed some light, is it a custom build or one of knights own?

Knight made the MK85 in left hand versions. I worked there and saw many of them at the factory but not really very many left the factory.I have had 4 or 5 of them myself. What you are seeing is a left hand MK85 receiver in a right handed stock that has been rebarreled at some point. It also has the right hand safety and trigger assy which will fit the LH receiver as long as the right hand stock is used.

I have a factory left handed MK-85 in .54 - with left handed / safety and trigger.

Just bought a cut-up Bighorn for parts - that turned out to be a left handed stock and trigger assembly.

1645806312147.pngI was looking for an MK85 when someone offered me this. It seems like a lot of work for little gain. Am I correct in thinking that someone had to cut the original barrel away and machine both the action and the new barrel to fit. Is the MK85 a one piece barrel and action like DISC? That has to be more expensive than buying a replacement from knight (assuming that you can get one still).

The pre green mountain barrel ones are two piece.
Now I am intrigued. Were any of the DISC rifles made as 2 piece barrels and actions? Green Mountain certainly used the DISC action for their own muzzleloader. Does anybody Know?

Latest posts

Back