CVA Mountain Stalker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uniongap

Reaction score
I was just given a Mountain Stalker by someone who did not like it. I would like to refit the synthetic stock with a more traditional wood stock. I would like to know if some of the wooden stocks that was made by CVA that had hex barrel side locks would interchange. Any ideas?

I do know that at one time the rifle was offered with a wooden stock, But as to whether any of the other stocks out there would now fit it, I could not say. You could always carve one if you have the time and skills.

As for the rifle itself, I used to own one. It was a great shooting rifle. In fact the first year I owned it, I took three deer with it. But they are light, and when loaded hot they kick. But also because of that light composite stock, they make a great walking around rifle in bad weather.

Thanks, I have a lot to learn in shooting this rifle. I just like the feel of wood and the traditional look to a sidelock.

I am finally getting around to concentrate on this rifle. The rifle is set up for #11 primers. I have had a time finding any. Can I buy a nipple that will take #209 primers and use it in this rifle, they seem to be plentiful?

What your thinking of is called a Mag Spark. While it might be hard to find the #11 caps, I would suggest you check some of the Wal Marts, or the big box sporting goods store.

Latest posts

Back