Dad's New Hog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well, Dad is quite pleased with the way his Texas boar turned out:

dadhog.jpg

I can't say Mom was quite as thrilled, but that's the way it goes.

My suggestion that it would be a wonderfully unique conversation piece if placed in a position of high honor in her newly remodeled kitchen somehow did not go over as smoothly as I had hoped. :shock:

Sadly for Loggy, while the head is beautifully preserved, the fabulous boar brain was somehow accidentally lost in transit. :(

All in all, though, things worked out ferally well.

Very nice mount!! Congrats to your Dad. Like that buck there in the background too. :D

I'm waiting for a call anytime now from Lifelike Taxidermy in Crossville. My Wife's reaction will be well worth the cost!!! :lol:

I still don't understand why my kitchen decor suggestion didn't take.?

Plenty of the room in the pig's mouth for strawberry jam and peanut butter, and easy enought to stack plenty of toast for breakfast on the teeth. Handy, a great conversation piece, and why use a "Lazy Susan" for breakfast stuff when you can have your own personal Holiday Hog Breakfast Dispenser?

The tongue is precisely contoured for bacon placement and drainage. Getting bacon from a hog seems perfectly normal to me, can't see why Mom just couldn't see that. :roll: I like the idea of the squeakless pig meal deal.

Maybe it was the breath that turned her off.. :lol: Good pic Randy,,,and congrats to your Dad.. :wink:

I just don't see the problem! Tell your mom that she should be proud your dad is a hunter and not a gatherer! And your dad finally can prove that yes, he DID bring home the bacon! :D

big6x6 said:

I just don't see the problem! Tell your mom that she should be proud your dad is a hunter and not a gatherer! And your dad finally can prove that yes, he DID bring home the bacon! :D

Did he explain it to you today? :D

Hey, those crazy kids have been married for 54 years-- looks like it is going to work out for those two after all. :wink:

Pretty cool all the way around :D Your Dad with a hog and your pleasure over your dad with the hog :D :D Cool all the way around................
Charlie

RandyWakeman said:
big6x6 said:

Did he explain it to you today? :D

Hey, those crazy kids have been married for 54 years-- looks like it is going to work out for those two after all. :wink:

Hey, they say if you can make through the first 53 years you got it made...... :wink: :lol:

WOW.. that is a beautiful mount. I have to some day hunt one of them rascals. An exceptional looking set of teeth there. I'd mount that in my living room so I had a place to hang my truck keys when I came in the door. :mrgreen:

cayuga said:
An exceptional looking set of teeth there. I'd mount that in my living room so I had a place to hang my truck keys when I came in the door.

The uppers are legit, the lowers required a touch of cosmetic help-- a lot like an old girlfriend of mine. :cry:

Back