The Hog Hunt Story & Pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice write-up FG on your hunt!  Can't wait to see any vids you might have.

I need to check into a hog hunt with a smoker of these days.

Wonderful nice set up you had Dad in.  Wish I still had mine around to hunt with.  Great times.  

You guys put the hurt on that pig.  Did you get to kill with the .58?

Since reading this thread, somehow I find I have a craving for pork.

The drive for hog meat is so great, that when Jane and I went shopping yesterday evening, I stopped at the meat counter and bought some lower fat, low salt, low nitrite, low taste bacon.
Then I added a package of low salt, low nitrite, low taste pork sausage.

But, when we go out for dinner on Sunday evening, I am going to order full-out, barbecue pork ribs. One "cheat" meal isn't going to hurt me!

And, as my Southern buddy tells me: "It ain't ribs! It's reeeeeiiiiibs." "Say it right or go home."

Ron

Thats a great story along with great pics...was great that Floyd invited you guys...thats top notch...i was invited to a deer an hog hunt this fall in South carolina from my son's friends dad...all on his land and some farms he cares for..can't wait...may go check things out this late spring see the lay out and stands he has n bait stations...maybe fish a bit also

Al

Found a game camera photo of Jon's hog:

STC_0031.jpg

Al-53 said:
Thats a great story along with great pics...was great that Floyd invited you guys...thats top notch...i was invited to a deer an hog hunt this fall in South carolina from my son's friends dad...all on his land and some farms he cares for..can't wait...may go check things out this late spring see the lay out and stands he has n bait stations...maybe fish a bit also

Al
About 8-10 years ago, my son's coworker heard him saying that I gave him some deer meat. Eventually, he invited me to go hunting on his lease. I've been invited back ever since. If it weren't for Chuck letting me hunt, I would have been skunked this year.

I get him a few steaks and bottles of wine every Christmas as a thank-you and he keeps inviting me back. He's a very nice fellow.

Looking at the photo above it looks like the poor piggy's front legs are lot shorter than the back ones.  It couldn't run fast enough to get away.   :D

awesome, thanks Floyd! I made sure to save that one.

Damn it! I keep forgetting to upload the hog video my brother took.

Guys, heres the video my brother took while he and my dad were in a box stand.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Js6abBSirDc" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Nice write up Jon. How far away were these hogs from there little stand?  I would like to give this a try myself one of these days Al

Nicely done F G, congratulations.  That was a real nice narrative with nice photos.  Wild game flavored with black powder always tastes better.........robin  8)

Latest posts

Back