Deer Draggin ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on where I am hunting. One very remote place I usually get one deer every year I use a sleigh, which works better than the plain old drag. It still takes awhile though and I just take my time. I try to get the deer to a location that I can go get my truck into.

I have a deer cart, wheel barrow style, that was given to me, that I used in the alfalfa field last year. I leave it in the truck which is about 4-500 yards away and go get it after the deer is down and gutted.

I tie the front legs together along with the head/neck, it makes the drag alot easier (less drag resistance from the front legs).

I use a deer cart that I got from Bass Pro.I use it to take stands or a blind and chairs when I have one of the kids with me.

Normally I drag. There is one spot I hunt sometimes that is about 3 miles from the road. We made a cart out of PVC and bike tires that we take back in there. There is an access road, but it is gated during hunting season.

This last winter there was so much snow I slid one out on a one person sled/tobagon.

Last years buck was pushin' 300# so I had to drag it with the four wheeler. 1/4 mile on one side...turn him over....1/4 mile on the other. Most tender buck eaten to date. :lol: Most hair missing from two of the four sides. 8) Four sided deer? HUH? :lol:

Drag it out by hand. I hunt on my wifes uncles property he is old fashioned about hunting on his land you must walk anywhere you go and if you kill you drag it out under your own power or with help from someone else. We don't have alot of people wanting to hunt with us in this day and age of the ATV's for some reason. It's kind of nice.

Amen birddog1520! Thank God the Pa Game Commission also doesnt allow ATV's on ANY State Game Lands plus PA DNR prohibits them in our State Forests. We can quietly hunt & enjoy over 3.5 millon acres of public hunting treasure (THE OLD FASHIONED WAY :lol: ) Our States preservation efforts are to be commended!

Latest posts

Back