Dream gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bestill said "Will do my best to do a progress report via photos"

Thanks!!! :yeah: :applause: :D

I like it so much I think I might just leave it and chop up something different for the build :)

A Rem700 SS single shot short action with trigger can be found for $450 or less.

Building your custom doesnt chop up or change.
Just remove barrel and fit and install upgrades.

GM54-120 said:
I like it so much I think I might just leave it and chop up something different for the build :)

A Rem700 SS single shot short action with trigger can be found for $450 or less.

But planning on 209 ignition.
To do 209 in centerfire build requires a custom bolt.
Expensive and lrmp ignition system and modules.

1874sharpsshooter said:
This may be a little premature but I am working on getting my dream gun built. This will be a long range conical gun built specifically for shooting 400+ gr lead conical with 70 to 90 gr powder
I'm with you here... these are my 40 cal molds for my son's custom 40 1:16 Encore I built a few years ago, he doesn't need them while in college... I'll be glad to send you these molds to cast up some to test with. The cast bullets will need sized to your barrel or if you have a piece of it you can pre-rifle them.
If you're interested send me a PM.

Attachments

• 40 cal molds.jpg
    40 cal molds.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 488
52Bore said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
This may be a little premature but I am working on getting my dream gun built. This will be a long range conical gun built specifically for shooting 400+ gr lead conical with 70 to 90 gr powder
I'm with you here... these are my 40 cal molds for my son's custom 40 1:16 Encore I built a few years ago, he doesn't need them while in college... I'll be glad to send you these molds to cast up some to test with. The cast bullets will need sized to your barrel or if you have a piece of it you can pre-rifle them.
If you're interested send me a PM.
40 cal molds.jpg
Thanks. The Krieger is a .408/.416 so I am going to get a sizer Pm sent

1874sharpsshooter said:
Thanks. The Krieger is a .408/.416 so I am going to get a sizer Pm sent
10-4
I missed the .408 while reading - little if any sizing with that bore.

I keep going back to this and drooling. Im thinking the same thing, but in a 9.3mm barrel, 14 twist. (Im still stuck on the .36 kick. I tried with that Allen action, It was promising, but Ill say that action, falls way short of a white, or even Knight plunger..) At this point, I already have several molds for it. Maybe Ill just start ordering parts and commit. :D

]
Squeeze said:
I keep going back to this and drooling. Im thinking the same thing, but in a 9.3mm barrel, 14 twist. (Im still stuck on the .36 kick. I tried with that Allen action, It was promising, but Ill say that action, falls way short of a white, or even Knight plunger..) At this point, I already have several molds for it. Maybe Ill just start ordering parts and commit. :D
You should do it. Sounds like a great project.
Boyd's At One stock is out of the picture now and we are going with a Stockys thumb hole stock .

Dang Jeff! wish you wouldn't post pictures... it really makes me want to

never mind Terry is standing here and says no! :)

Back