Dream gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should look good once everything's together.
The barrel looks to have some length, so the length of the Boyd's forend should be proportional.

52Bore said:
Should look good once everything's together.
The barrel looks to have some length, so the length of the Boyd's forend should be proportional.
Barrel is 28 1/4. The Boyd’s channel wasn’t wide enough near muzzle so I ended up going with a Stockys laminate TH after all
This one. In Gloss Autumn

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocks-by ... block.html

I like the Orange - being from TN..
Too bad about your other stock, it can be milled out with a large ball nose end mill.

52Bore said:
I like the Orange - being from TN..
Too bad about your other stock, it can be milled out with a large ball nose end mill.

I inlet all my stocks on vertical mill.
The other stock forearm is barely wide enough for sporter inlet.
Mtu contour for this build is same width as front of forearm. If inlet for this barrel it will look terrible and have no intergrity left.

That's going to be one heavy gun the barrel is around 7 LBS. but for what your looking for in target shooting it will work fine. good work bestill looks all some.

Swinglock adjustable sizing die arrived today
Custom die .409 . Plenty big and will go well below what I need so I should find that sweet spot for size once I get the gun back . :mrgreen: which my guess is around .4075

Attachments

• 34E14840-E3D1-4CA8-A7E1-B73255DA1F31.jpeg
    34E14840-E3D1-4CA8-A7E1-B73255DA1F31.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 399
Stock arrived did final inletting and final assembly.
I absolutely love this rifle.
My wife said most beautiful one ive ever did.

Stockys varmint thumbhole with aluminum chassis,brownells bottom metal,700ml action,callahan recoil lug,trigger tech straight trigger 2#,asg 209 breech plug,murphy 20moa base,burris rings,nikon monarch 3 6-24×50 scope and krieger .408/.416 1-16 twist mtu taper.

Should be a shooter!
Hope you like chet.

:shock: :shock: Wow that is one cool looking rifle! 8) 8) :applause:

Wow, sweet, cool, lets add awesome. I would love to own one like that, and have the skill to shoot it at its potential.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

:prayer: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Wow that turned out great!!

That looks amazing. Nice work. Can't wait to see how it shoots. I can only imagine it will be as impressive as the gun.

Back