Eagle vs. Crows

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
I went out this morning and heard a bunch of crows yapping just behind the house. They were all over the place .. about 12 of them. Some in trees and some on the ground but all raising Cain. I scurried back to the house to get a shotgun and walked towards all the racket. They didn't fly when they first sighted me (unusual) but shifted positions. I put the sight on the closest one at ~ 50 yards and shot. It staggered and weakly flew off with an injured wing.

Then the reason for all the Hell-raising flew off, a mature bald eagle. He flew right over me and the crows didn't follow because they knew what was waiting for them if they came close to me. He had a wing span almost as wide as a turkey vulture, definitely a mature bird.

I sure wish I could have swatted more of those crows. I don't care for them one bit. They don't like me much either, I've killed over 20 here over the last 4-5 years.

As a kid growing up in WV my passion was killing crows. They sat in trees just outside the range of my .22 long rifle. When i got a .22 Hornet they sat just outside the range of that gun. Then i inherited a pre-war Winchester model 70 in .220 Swift. Gun came with a 10 power Unertl scope.
Crows were in trouble.

Friends had a real live hoot owl. We would hang the owl cage in a tree that had a nest with baby crows. We would get the baby crows to squaking, then the owl would start hooting. Crows came from miles away. My brother had a nice 12 gauge Parker hammer shotgun that was deadly on crows.

Latest posts

Back