Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know the TC Encore is no longer made. You can find TC Encore frames on many auction sites. There is a company called SSK making frames and barrels . There are a few specialty barrel makers besides SSK making quality products for the Encore.

I may be biased since we own three Encore rifles plus a slew of barrels. I am partial to the MGM barrels and Bullberry barrels. I get parts from Mike Bellm. Mike and his son sell TC parts as well as barrels. Mike is the guru of Encore actions.

If there is one thing I would watch out for is proper lock up. The locking lugs are on the barrel. This issue can be corrected with a little patience. Triggers can be reworked to break like glass. Hinge pins can be loose which effects accuracy. There is a corrective solution for loose hinge pins.

Would I buy another TC Encore? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread compared to posting an ISO and risking the scammers jumping on me (again). Looking for an Encore or Contender .45LC/410 Ventilated Rib Barrel (pistol length) for turkey hunting if anybody has one collecting dust and needs some capital. DM me if you're an established member and have one to sell. THANKS!

I got lucky and local gun shop had a new blued receiver rifle and pistol stock and a 12”44 mag barrel in a original white box from Rochester nh.I was planning on putting together a prohunter brux smokeless gun.went a different direction and found this barrel mgm 6.5 creedmore. Very accurate

Attachments

• IMG_0055.mp4
    19.6 MB
I am currently playing with a Bullberry Encore barrel in a 20 Tactical. It's a 223 necked down to a .204 cal. It's a ballistic twin to the 204 Ruger using slightly less powder. Picked the barrel up a few years ago and 300 Dakota Lapua cases showed up about the same time. Coyotes inside 300yds hate it. I found 39 gr sierra blitzkings going 3750 fps shoots like a Laser. The 32 gr v max can be made to go over 4000 fps. It's nice to watch the impact. My oldest son has a MGM 6.5 creed and the youngest has a MGM 257 Roberts. Both barrels shoot well.

I've got a few Bulberry barrels, and all of my Contenders/Encores have been "Bellmized". He's forgotten more about them than I'll know! 20 tactical sounds fun! My 204 is my favorite plinking rifle and love how you say, Yotes hate it!!!!

As far as I know the TC Encore is no longer made. You can find TC Encore frames on many auction sites. There is a company called SSK making frames and barrels . There are a few specialty barrel makers besides SSK making quality products for the Encore.

I may be biased since we own three Encore rifles plus a slew of barrels. I am partial to the MGM barrels and Bullberry barrels. I get parts from Mike Bellm. Mike and his son sell TC parts as well as barrels. Mike is the guru of Encore actions.

If there is one thing I would watch out for is proper lock up. The locking lugs are on the barrel. This issue can be corrected with a little patience. Triggers can be reworked to break like glass. Hinge pins can be loose which effects accuracy. There is a corrective solution for loose hinge pins.

Same here

Reviving this thread compared to posting an ISO and risking the scammers jumping on me (again). Looking for an Encore or Contender .45LC/410 Ventilated Rib Barrel (pistol length) for turkey hunting if anybody has one collecting dust and needs some capital. DM me if you're an established member and have one to sell. THANKS!
There are a few 45/ 410 contender barrel on GunBroker. Only one has a ventilated rib.

The barrel condition is top of the list of wjat you should look out for. Check the inside of the barrel for any pitting or rust, which can affect accuracy. Also Look for any cracks or damage to the stock..

I have a couple encores, one being a 460SW with aftermarket barrel. Vertical stringing is the issue with mine. Tried many dirfferent handloads and factory, in different weights and powders. Doesn't matter. It'll put 2 side by side then throw 2 more also side by side, only the last pair lands several inches away, primarily vertical. Any ideas out there what may be causing this?

I’m looking for one too, and the ones I’ve seen for sale have all been $500 and up. :oops:

I have a couple encores, one being a 460SW with aftermarket barrel. Vertical stringing is the issue with mine. Tried many dirfferent handloads and factory, in different weights and powders. Doesn't matter. It'll put 2 side by side then throw 2 more also side by side, only the last pair lands several inches away, primarily vertical. Any ideas out there what may be causing this?
I got rid of a 270 barrel that did the same thing. Tried an oversized hinge pin, new springs on the locking lugs but none of that helped. Spent hours at the reloading bench trying to figure out that riddle.

I got rid of a 270 barrel that did the same thing. Tried an oversized hinge pin, new springs on the locking lugs but none of that helped. Spent hours at the reloading bench trying to figure out that riddle.
Scope? Barrel heat?

Thinking of buying a used Encore, anything I should look for other than the
I bought a barrel from march grade matchine and have not seen that problem .it groups the Hornady elr and eld factory rounds tight.saved my brass but haven’t needed to load them to get better accuracy.what I have heard is that angle of butt stock has to do with it .a reloading group I’m in had this topic.a Few things can cause this, head space is finicky on tc break action rifles.if the barrel hits breach block face when closed it will affect lockup each time,hold rifle up to light see if there is a gap or use feeler gauge or check.also angle of buttstock affects consistent hold.and two piece stocks .Guys shooting them on bags like a bolt gun.

I bought a barrel from march grade matchine and have not seen that problem .it groups the Hornady elr and eld factory rounds tight.saved my brass but haven’t needed to load them to get better accuracy.what I have heard is that angle of butt stock has to do with it .a reloading group I’m in had this topic.a Few things can cause this, head space is finicky on tc break action rifles.if the barrel hits breach block face when closed it will affect lockup each time,hold rifle up to light see if there is a gap or use feeler gauge or check.also angle of buttstock affects consistent hold.and two piece stocks .Guys shooting them on bags like a bolt gun.
I know it wasn't my scope and I had my headspace set right. I actually had to shim for that barrel to get the headspace right. Only barrel I had to do it for. Spoke with Mike Bellm about this and did the Bellm protocol. I never did a chamber cast but should have. All our other barrels shoot fine. Love those MGM barrels Bullberrys too.

Scope? Barrel heat?
I know it wasn't my scope because I am still using that on another rifle. I always let a barrel cool when sighting in. Once sighted in I would do a 3 or 4 shot string to see if it walks. I checked the mounts, the rings, the crown and ran rubber washers in the forend. Tried the standard Rem 130 gr core lokts load for it. Tried quite a few bullet and powder combinations. It just did not group with any consistency. My replacement barrel was a 7mm-08 that was easy to find a load for and still shoots good 20 years later.

I bought an Encore back in the late 90's-2000 something. Had a trigger job done(2#). Had the 50 cal ML on it... Got a Blueberry 243... Man ol man... That is a tack driver. Killed a pile of deer and groundhogs with it. Would love to have another frame.

Latest posts

Back