Encore with ASG Brux Barrel Forend Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up an Encore ML forend for my new Arrowhead Brux barrel. The ML forend doesn't seem to fit very well and seems to be too small to fit the Brux barrel. Do I need a 12ga Encore forend? It looks to me like the 12ga forend will fit better as the 12ga barrel is 1 inch, just like the Brux barrel. ML barrels and the matching forend I believe are .875 or somewhere in that area which is obviously smaller than the 1 inch Brux. Is there a difference and do I need a 12ga forend?

The 12 guage fits better , but you have to change the dovetails to accept 10-32 screws.The original synthetic will stretch around it and is what Luke recommends. I had a custom laminate stock set built for mine.I actually bought 10-32 dovetails but never tried swap them mainly because I wanted a custom stock set built.

So the 12ga forend uses smaller screws than the ML forend? If so can the 12ga forend be drilled out for the larger screws?

Which custom laminate stock set did you go with?

The 12 does use smaller screws. You could possibly drill the 12 out for the ML dovetails.
Tony Gilbert custom built mine.First pick is my actual gun.Second one is one Tony sent me with my stock on a standard ML.20230412_191958.jpgimagejpeg_0(40).jpg

The Brux is a better fit in the shotgun forend, however you don’t get the ramrod and all that. What I’ve done on 2 (and soon to be 3) is get a one once dowel, wrap it in sandpaper and sand the channel until you’re happy with how the barrel sits in there. Works great.

The Brux is a better fit in the shotgun forend, however you don’t get the ramrod and all that. What I’ve done on 2 (and soon to be 3) is get a one once dowel, wrap it in sandpaper and sand the channel until you’re happy with how the barrel sits in there. Works great.
Have done the same with several stocks. Not rocket science. :lewis:

Sanding doesn't leave alot of wood or plastic in the Encore.Hankins uses the smaller dovetails and a 12 guage forearm. I have .035 clearance around my barrel and plenty of wood and I didn't want the ram rod in there anyway. To each his own. Only thing original on mine is the frame.I wanted it as custom as possible.

Sanding doesn't leave alot of wood or plastic in the Encore.Hankins uses the smaller dovetails and a 12 guage forearm. I have .035 clearance around my barrel and plenty of wood and I didn't want the ram rod in there anyway. To each his own. Only thing original on mine is the frame.I wanted it as custom as possible.
Do the laminates have a metal insert in the forend?

Latest posts

Back