Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got lucky and bought one that had hardly been shot. It has a 3lb trigger and guy said it was like that when he bought it new. Just put 2x hinge pin and Bellm firing pin and spring. Heavy locking lug spring. Just want to upgrade the breech plug to an Arrowhead breech plug and I think I’m done.

Got lucky and bought one that had hardly been shot. It has a 3lb trigger and guy said it was like that when he bought it new. Just put 2x hinge pin and Bellm firing pin and spring. Heavy locking lug spring. Just want to upgrade the breech plug to an Arrowhead breech plug and I think I’m done.
I always put in the 52# hammer springs. Something to think about.

As far as I know the TC Encore is no longer made. You can find TC Encore frames on many auction sites. There is a company called SSK making frames and barrels . There are a few specialty barrel makers besides SSK making quality products for the Encore.

I may be biased since we own three Encore rifles plus a slew of barrels. I am partial to the MGM barrels and Bullberry barrels. I get parts from Mike Bellm. Mike and his son sell TC parts as well as barrels. Mike is the guru of Encore actions.

If there is one thing I would watch out for is proper lock up. The locking lugs are on the barrel. This issue can be corrected with a little patience. Triggers can be reworked to break like glass. Hinge pins can be loose which effects accuracy. There is a corrective solution for loose hinge pins.

Would I buy another TC Encore? Absolutely.
Eabco is another source for Encore barrels, stocks, and parts.
https://eabco.com/shop-by-model/tc-encore-prohunter/

Latest posts

Back