End of an era?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe straight wall is a good replacement for a shotgun slug. With straight wall you get rid of the weakest link in the shotgun slug...Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Ya after seeing the price of slugs and comparing it to reloading quality ones vs a muzzleloader the muzzleloader is the way to go

Yup. Spears. I never get the spelling right - atalatyl?-using another stick to increase velocity/etc. Fellow that worked with my son in Columbia, Mo. actually killed a deer with one. Talk about a minority group - spear chucking deer hunters must be one of the fewest-numbered sportsman's groups out there. Who hasn't gigged frogs and/or fish at one time in our lives? My point is simple...

Obviously a miniscule thimbleful of people convinced at least one state-wide government organization to legalize a method. So, it only figures that an equally miniscule number of people could also convince them to restrict methods as easily. Those who love muzzleloading need to be informed and engaged at all times if our sport is to live on. Our kids are counting on us.

My granddaughter and I had the privilege of meeting and using the atlatl with the gentleman who took MO first deer with "the spear chunkier". He had the hide, animal was hit just behind the shoulder, went down almost immediately.

Latest posts

Back