Finally got one

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After selling a t/c seneca way back in the mid 70s I had a craving for another for a couple years. I finally found one albeit paying dearly for it.
This one is in mint condition and in 36 cal. I won't get to see it for a while I'm having it shipped to my my friends house in PA and will get my hands on it late next month.
Screenshot_20230418-223707_Chrome.jpg

I'm sure you all heard or said this yourself but "this is my last one"! I may even sell a couple. thinking of selling one of my Rem 700MLs w/Badger Ridge conversion. So if anyone is interested............give me a shout.

After selling a t/c seneca way back in the mid 70s I had a craving for another for a couple years. I finally found one albeit paying dearly for it.
This one is in mint condition and in 36 cal. I won't get to see it for a while I'm having it shipped to my my friends house in PA and will get my hands on it late next month.
Screenshot_20230418-223707_Chrome.jpg
Very nice smoker. Do you plan to use it for hunting?

I do but in PA it must be 44 cal or larger to hunt big game with. Don't know why, a 36 Maxi should kill a deer just as dead.
I'll limit myself to squirrels and varmints until I save enough to get a .45 barrel for it. I found one on Ebay but it didn't have a breech plug and I can't find a breech plug anywhere.

That's a sweet piece. If I were to consider another sidelock it would be one of the smaller calibers. I could see plinking all afternoon with that rifle. Nice acquisition!

Back