Finally shot the Accura MR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillhunter

Reaction score
:ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups: :ttups:
Love the MR !
Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40 BDC @ 9 pwr, 100 grn. Blackhorn, 250 TEZ, Fed. 209 A. rubber O ring installed in primer pocket.
5 shots to sight it in.
Shooting off backpack on the hood of the S-10, sitting on a rectangular, old steel milk crate on end. 80s, very humid, mosquitoes were thick!
I loaded the measure from the jug and screwed the lid back on after each load. The TEZs loaded easily and plenty tight enough. I forgot my CVA starter so I carefully started the sabo w the flat end of the palm saver, ramrod pointed straight up,then pushed it home w the jag/extension and marked the ramrod. I will mark the other end of the rod w the palmsaver swapped, I'm not going to use the jag if I ever need a quick <a href='/tags/2' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #2'>#2</a> while hunting and just swap the PSer.

3 shots to bullseye @ 40 yrd. 1st shot 8" low and left 2.5" 

Shot again to confirm , same elev. rt 1.25, I had a mosquito fly into my eye at the shot so I left the windage alone.

removed mosquito from eye w handkerchief :cyclops:  

moved target to 60 yrds, upped the elevation and touched the line 2 1/4" high, and I'm done till I go somewhere to shoot further.
I put 6 more clicks on the elevation based on how the other adjustments worked, should be 3, 3 1/2" @ hundred.

The gun had more kick than my old nickel finish 26" Optima .45 w 100grn. pyro pellets and it feels a lot lighter than the Optima.
 I ran 2 patches @ 3 shot because pieces of the BH were sticking in the muzzle when I loaded and it looked a bit wet but all the loads went down w the same easy force.

The shooting conditions/set up were lousy. It took a while to get steady each shot and by then the bugs were all over me. The trigger is the best on any gun I own and helped my accuracy w my shaky aim. I look forward to shooting it @ longer ranges w a better rest and conditions.

All the primers were spotless and fell out of the BP, cleaning was quick and easy, a few clean patches, a few TC saturated patches, more clean ones and some Break Free. Wiped the face of the BP w a TC patch and a clean one, no fouling was on the side of the BP in front of the threads. The flash hole was clean and open.

Thank you Carlos for the advice, on the BH 209, the breech plug fix, the TEZs and the primers. 

Season starts Saturday  :shooter:

StillHunter, I use the o=ring in my primer pocket on my MR as well.  I've found that the Remington STS primer is the best fitting primer with the o-ring set up.  My Federals and Winchesters were too long and I really had to shut my gun hard to make them work.  The STS primers are shorter and I still get zero blow by with clean primers.  Just a thought.

Does the Accura MR have the Accura-style firing pin and bushing removal or is it identical to the Apex system in that regard?

good deal! now you just need some hunting season luck and a steady hand!

Latest posts

Back