Finally

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got a bird Friday morning. He was by himself and desperate. Got within 100 yards of him on the roost and setup. He was in a big cypress over some flooded swamp. He got quite for a few minutes and I made a call, he gobbled on the limb and pitched down 60 yards in front of me and went to strutting. Made another call and he gobbled one time and started walking straight to me. Stopped him with a safety click at 20 yards and fed him some copper coated 5's for breakfast. 1" spurs and 9.5" beard.

Attachments

• 20201112_210338.jpg
    20201112_210338.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Finally got a bird Friday morning. He was by himself and desperate. Got within 100 yards of him on the roost and setup. He was in a big cypress over some flooded swamp. He got quite for a few minutes and I made a call, he gobbled on the limb and pitched down 60 yards in front of me and went to strutting. Made another call and he gobbled one time and started walking straight to me. Stopped him with a safety click at 20 yards and fed him some copper coated 5's for breakfast. 1" spurs and 9.5" beard.
Nice, congrats on getting you a fine bird.

First of the year. More cool weather coming this weekend, hoping to tag out and get to fishing!
I’ll be turkey hunting this comin wknd with Anonymouscowherd. We are goin after some big mature birds now or if a pair of decent birds 10” beards we want to simultaneously blast them both. The “ cool factor “ ya know.

Back